Agnostic.com

17 3

Favorites

What are some of your favorite qoutes in life?

Briceman 4 Aug 6

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Any constitution should protect everyone equally not just the ones with power.

To learn who rules over you simply find out who you are not permitted to criticize

Those who consider themselves to smart to take part in government will find themselves governed by the dumb.

The greatest tension in any state is the mutual resentment between the rich and poor. Therefore a strong, stable middle class provides the glue to a strong stable government.

It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming; but who does actually strive to do the deeds; who knows great enthusiasms, the great devotions; who spends himself in a worthy cause; who at the best knows in the end the triumph of high achievement, and who at the worst, if he fails, at least fails while daring greatly, so that his place shall never be with those cold and timid souls who neither know victory nor defeat. - Teddy Roosevelt

" Choose the behavior, choose the consequences " Dr. Phil

" no one can make you feel inferior without your consent " Eleanor Roosevelt

" things work out best for those that make the best out of how things work out " anon.

The most common of all follies is to believe passionately in the palpably not true. It is the chief occupation of mankind-H.L. Mencken

"No beast so fierce but knows some touch of pity. But I know none, and therefore I am no beast." Richard III

"Shall I tell you what I love most about your species? You are at your best when things are at the worst." "STARMAN"

Stupidity is not one of my strong points-Oscar Wilde
Truly virtuous are those who dare to see the world as it is-Zola
For sweetest things turn sourest by their deeds;Lilies that fester smell far worse than weeds-Shakespeare

'Your species has the most amazing capacity for self-deception, matched only by its ingenuity when trying to destroy itself.'

-The Doctor

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges.

Movie qoute.....ummmm was it.....troop Beverly hills???

Uhhhhhh..... huh... huh.. huh..... huh...... This sucks!

• Butthead

Be fired with enthusiasm, or be fired with enthusiasm. Vince Lombardi

They'll start building square houses , when they start growing square trees . Measure twice , cut once . Righty tighty . lefty loosey . Last in , first out .

Get woke

cava Level 7 Aug 6, 2018

“I myself am made entirely of flaws, stitched together with good intentions.” ― Augusten Burroughs

Sá sem lifir án aga, deyr án heiðurs- Islandic saying
He who lives without discipline, dies without honor.

From Wm. Shakespeare: "There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so." And another: "Expectation is the root of all heartache."

Attributed to Albert Camus, author of The Stranger, about the meaning of life: "The meaning of life is whatever I'm doing at the moment that keeps me from killing myself."

Anon: "I think a turning point for man came when we began to say, 'we need to get out in nature,' rather than just being a part of nature."

“I have nothing to declare but my genius”! .........Oscar Wilde to New York customs officer

Will you walk a little faster said a whiting to a snail?

• Lewis Carroll
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:149449
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.