Agnostic.com

4 2

Kettle One Martini with a twist...
Great cocktail, or the best cocktail?

MrLink 8 Jan 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Meh. First, when I was a bartender I did blind taste tests with 7 different vodkas. Not only did people fail miserably at identifying Vox and Grey Goose as the premiums, more than 50% said that Kamchatka (the super cheap well vodka) was the best one. Additionally, I was invited to the Smirnoff Tastemakers Sessions when it was in town and participated a huge blind taste test that had the similar results (I was one of the bartenders that selected Smirnoff as better than Grey Goose and Absolut). The moral: stop wasting your money on premium vodka, and put it toward getting a better tasting bourbon or gin. Secondly, dirty gin martinis are a billion times better than vodka/twist.

@MrLizard Sapphire is tasty. I like Hendrick's a lot, too. Maybe you couldn't identify the Sapphire specifically versus other 'premium' gins, but if you've ever tried to drink a martini made with well gin, you probably know that you'd at least be able to pick it over the well.

Well, that's true. Any triple distilled vodka will do. Personally, at home, I keep Luksusowa on hand. A true polish potato vodka. Super inexpensive and very clean. Here"s the real trick to a great martini... Use a good vermouth, like Dolin, blanc. I shake mine... And I mean shake the shit out of it. I like to see the ice crystals in mine. No, I'm not afraid to bruise it! And of course you have to know how to do the lemon twist, to release the oils. (Jeff, I know you know this stuff... Don't get me wrong) And yes, I value of a quality brown liquor is not lost on me either. Cheers!

I’ve never had a martini. I’ll have to try this one day.

Try the chocolate one, booze and chocolate what could go wrong?

I have had a chocolate one before @heathenfarmer, and I agree, what could go wrong? It was delicious!!!! But, I have never had a true one.

Obviously, I need to host a martini party for all my Agnostic.com friends!

Daikiri poolside watching the ladies go by, summer of course.

Nah, not that big on vodka unless in a chocolate martini made by my Greek bartender friend Dave.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15044
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.