Agnostic.com

3 4

JUMPING TO CONCLUSION

I was changing a clutch on a customer's Farmal 1066 tractor. I had skipped lunch for it was harvest season, for I had promised to get the tractor done right away. My stomach was starting to talk to me when I noticed a bag of sun flower seeds I had left on one of the work benches a couple of days before. I grabbed them and took a small bunch and tossed them in my mouth, and began processing them, and went back to work. While I was eagerly searching for seeds and spiting the shells I noticed there wasn't many seeds. I spit them out in the trash, and grabbed another bunch thinking they must of screwed up at the seed company. I loved that salsa flavor, but again no seeds. I went to the bag of sun flower seeds and peered in only to see the shells all seemed to be cracked open. I got a clean rag and laid it on the bench. I poured seeds from the bag on to the rag to see if there were any whole seeds in the bag, and all the while cursing the sun flower seed company. I was angry and was going to take the seeds back and get a refund! Upon a close inspection I could see there where very few whole seeds, and then I noticed,, mouse turds. Trying not hurl I then had the sudden urge to gargle with diesel, but common sense prevailed, and instead I quickly grabbed the hose and rinsed my mouth out. I in no uncertain terms remember saying "That will teach me not to jump to conclusions".

I wonder if anyone else had a life lesson they would willing to share?

Leutrelle 7 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well I can say I was jumping ahead in my mind on how the story was going to end. I figured you'd been putting the empty shells back into the bag and forgot you ate them all yada yada, didn't think about mice until I got to that part, thus I jumped to a conclusion here.

In my defense, at work I often jump to conclusions as to why things are failing(can't login; domain is down, nope config was wrong). It's the only way to start investigations so my lesson is quite the opposite sort of, I don't run with it like it's the absolute answer but I try to prove it is or isn't.

I also work with third party software and will talk through my issues with their support assuming it's a glitch on them when come to find out the stars aligned just right to form the digital mouse who ate the piece that makes it work but left no turds.

Our brains work very different, but that is great! I bet you would be a lot of fun in person too🙂

@Leutrelle, I have been told that I can be understood more easily when I am drunk, which I don't do often, for no reason except maybe the $$ factor. While sober I prefer text/written conversation because I can actually construct the whole sentence without bumbling my words.

I believe my brain thinks faster than I can talk, when drunk I don't know if my brain slows down or my mouth speeds up, but while sober I will be thinking of the word I want to say 2+ words down from the word I'm trying to say and then forget my current word so I go back to a word before the one I forgot to see if I can reconstruct what it was and where I was heading but will lose track of my entire train of thought or just sound like a stuttering idiot trying to look smart.

Typing and writing fixes that because I have the words in front of me to review as I go. It's like seeing the destination and the path but suddenly you forget how to walk unless you look at your feet, so you look at your feet however, now you see the path around your feet and your feet but can't recall what the destination looks like or if the path will change up ahead.

@DreadlySmart Most people have the opposite problem. I am old enough now so I have learned to control my problem of talking before I think. Text is a good filter to pour ones mind through. It helps me from saying something I wish I hadn't.

I saw that coming as soon as read there weren't many seeds. Ewww... ack!

I wish you were there when it happened, and you could have warned me🙂

In college I had a summer job washing dishes at a family restaurant in Maine. What is Maine most known for?Lobsters. And what was sitting next to the left side of the sink next to me-two enormous lobsters. What decided to jump in my dishwasher causing me to let out a scream that could be heard throughout the restaurant at dinner time? True story.

I could only imagine. I've heard some of those lobsters are so big you could put a leash on them. I always wanted to go to Maine, and check out the sea food.

@MrLizard I am jonesing for lobster, and I live in boondocks Idaho😟

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15129
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.