Agnostic.com

10 20

Saturday's hike was like Monet's garden

Last Saturday I hiked the Pipeline Trail near Mission Ridge Ski Area, for four miles with 500 feet elevation gain at the start of the trail.

Wildflowers were magnificent!

Taylor Checkered Spot butterflies are endangered in Eastern Washington. Flowers: Asters, red Thimbleberry, trippy pink Fireweed seed pods, white Yarrow and red Indian Paintbrush.

The descent was painful. It jammed the injured top of my left foot against the boot.

But was a joy to be in my beloved mountains again! Glad I did it.

Since then, I have been trapped indoors due to hazardous air quality from wildfire smoke. Here's the sunset last night in Wenatchee, WA.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great Girl, your back to hiking and taking pictures. I waited for that. Glad to see you are better. Don't drop stuff on your feet, just a suggestion.

@dalefvictor, @Lucignolo

Thank you so much for your kind words. Kathleen

? So pretty! Glad your foot is better

"Is this butterfly drunk on nectar?" I wondered.

Oddly, it held still while I took pictures at different angles. My daughter is not that cooperative.

Thank you, everybody.

Beautiful !!!!

Ohub Level 7 Aug 9, 2018

Fabulous pictures

Beautiful flowers. Thank you for sharing. Hope there are more hikes to come.

Good to hear your foot's on the mend. Nice pics too 🙂

Sorry about the smoke. The persistent ridge over the West has been there for years and years. I haven't hiked much this year, and I miss it.

Beautiful wild flowers....but sorry about your air quality. Some of these fires are the work of arsonists, can you believe the mentality?

@Marionville
The wildfires were started by lightning strikes this time.

I believe arsonists should be sentenced to helping fight wildfires for years to come.

The smoke is so bad here in Salt Lake City, that I can't see the mountains that are no more than 10 miles away.

Due to heavy wildfire smoke, I can't see Cascade foothills less than a mile away.

I feel like a trapped animal.

@LiterateHiker We probably need to get used to it, this could just be the trailer for what is coming............

@Dhiltong

Climate change. High heat and extreme wildfires were predicted 30 years ago due to global warming. It's happening NOW. Temperatures in the 100s.

@LiterateHiker Drought and flooding and it's changing faster than predicted. More hiking and less driving.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:151696
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.