Agnostic.com

5 1

LINK First Lady's Parents Become U.S. Citizens Thanks To 'Chain Migration' : NPR

Wow those must be talented folks she has as parents. Wait don't tell me... they don't come from a shithole country, right?

*First lady Melania Trump's Slovenian-born parents were sworn in as U.S. citizens Thursday, benefiting from a path to citizenship known as family-based immigration that the president and others have derisively dubbed "chain migration."

The lawyer acknowledged that the Knavses had obtained citizenship via the very pathway that their son-in-law, the president, has so publicly denounced. Wildes called chain migration a "dirtier" way of characterizing "a bedrock of our immigration process when it comes to family reunification," according to The New York Times.

*The first lady was born in Slovenia, then part of Yugoslavia, in 1970. She first came to the United States in 1996. She obtained a green card in 2001 and became a naturalized citizen in 2006.

• However, the circumstances of her immigration are not entirely clear.

In November 2016, the AP reported that she was paid for several modeling jobs in the U.S. before obtaining a work visa, which would be illegal under immigration law.

Her green card was granted under the elite EB-1 program, according to The Washington Post. That preferential program, popularly known as the "Einstein visa," is intended for immigrants with "extraordinary ability, [who] are an outstanding professor or researcher, or are a multinational executive or manager," according to the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services.

Lukian 8 Aug 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just more of the same hypocritical bS from this agolf twitler, his family, this administration and the gop.

nice one: agolf twitler

@Lukian Not original I stole it from - damn I forgot his log in name - a fellow member. It is a good one - better than my previous fav cadet spanky mcbone spurs.

Well, yeah, they're white.

A case of do as we say, not as we do....

I don’t believe for a second they went about it without a little assistance. I had been in America for seven years before getting a freaking green card, which I’ve now had for 13 years. I am not a citizen by choice. I’ll stay a proud Canadian.. especially under this dictator.

Fuck the idiot who decided to swear the POS inlaws in.Hope he has shitty golf in NJ

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:152333
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.