Agnostic.com

10 3

National concealed carry reciprocity

The national concealed carry reciprocity bill has passed the house and has now gone to the senate. This bill would allow a person who has a concealed carry handgun permit to carry in his home state to also carry in any other state with a carry permit. [congress.gov]
Do you favor this bill?

• 23 votes
  • 12 votes
Trajan61 8 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"The Right of the People to Keep and BEAR Arms Shall Not be Infringed"

2nd time I've posted this. I'm a 'liberal', but not on the right to carry arms. I'm not talking about assault rifles, nuclear weapons or Apache helicopters either. A .357 will do just fine thank you.

Necessary Evils , by definition , are Evil , yet Necessary . I don't like them , & neither does anyone else , but they are necessary . Take guns away from law abiding people , & only criminals will have them . It's just not some turn-key statement people are using to get what they want , it's an ugly fact . Either we make handguns mandatory for all non criminals , & emotionally stable to carry , like some Scandinavian countries , or not have them at all . Sitting on the fence with this issue , will result in more of the same , & I don't see either way happening anytime soon . Another ugly fact .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

There’s some hope for passage of the bill if Mitch Mconnel would just bring it up as it’s alfeady passed the house and Trump is almost certain to sign it.

Why is it that the cities and states with the most stringent gun laws, have the highest numbers of violent crimes? [gun.laws.com]

Nice to have someone with a little sense on the website.

Thailand has some of the strictest sentences including death for drugs but also have some of the cheapest easily sourced drugs. the logic could be that they clamp down more because the problem is so rampant. seriously wouldn't you rather just not have all these guns in society even if it's not realistic?

I can carry in 40 states so far.. I would love to go up to ME,NH, VT,, but apparently that's not going to happen any time soon.. hahaha

[usacarry.com]

I thought Maine and Vermont did not even require a permit. I can carry in 37 states with my Oklahoma permit. In Oregon I can’t carry concealed but can carry openly. Go figure.

@Trajan61 Oh yeah,,, you can carry there,, but getting there is the problem.. When you look at the map, you see that you have to go through NY at some point,, and they're a pain in the ass...

Concealed carry reciprocity is just common sense as states like California shouldn’t be allowed to deny us our rights when it comes to firearms. Arresting someone for having a legally owned firearms is just ludricous!

It’s no use debating Diarmaede on anything. He is one of the most vile Trump hating individuals on this site. He would not give the president one ounce of credit for any of his positive accomplishments even if his life depended on it. I would just ignore the schmuck.

@Specman Good idea that’s what I will do in the future!

You can't talk sense with a gun nut. They would have you buying more guns and carrying them at the mall. As long as we have this many weapons and the gun nuts running amok, we will have more violence. They are too stupid to see the correlation between the increase in ownership and the increase in violence.

There have never been many problems with licensed concealed carry holders. It’s a violation of the 2nd amendment for liberal states like California to deny law abiding citizens their rights when it comes to firearms.

@Trajan61 what is your concept of "many" in the above statement?? 😛 again... common sense with a gun nut... as they say not many killings or "problems"

Among all the law-abiding gun owners (have permits) there are over 300 million guns, and over 12 trillion rounds of ammo.. If we were the problem, you'd know it. .. Sense the early 90s, legal gun ownership has gone UP over 60%, and the number of gun homicides have dropped over 50%.. And if you take out the city and states with the most stringent gun laws, the numbers are even more divided.. The stats tell the story..

@Captain_Feelgood The stats do tell the story. You are right. How many gun deaths were there last year in Australia? Japan? UK?? the stats tell rational people all they need to know. It is gun nuts who will try to tell you we need more guns not less and not more restrictions. They don't care about life or it would be a rational conversation. Australia 1996... what happened there? the death rates after the changes? how many gun massacres have they had? I know... I am talking to a brick wall when addressing a gun nut... Uncle... go on killing

@briangs well I suppose if you look at how many die in USA by gun and then other nations... LOL again... no talking sense to a gun nut. Be well 🙂

@briangs just for good measure, look at the crime stats immediately after new (good sense) gun laws took effect in Australia and what those stats are now. Crime rates did go up a bit and then down exponentially. They value life over weapons though. 🙂

@briangs The constitution has evolved over time... just not the gun nuts... really just be well 😛

@briangs you have a lot of time on your hands don't you? Do you think it might be better spent with a fellow mayhem and death lover?

@briangs that has to be false... michiganders are total gun freaks and everyone I know here has a concealed carry permit. One fuckwit I dated needed to have it in his jacket to go to a movie. LOL Those might be NRA stats... I would not trust them for anything.

@briangs maybe you are in a militia? that is what it states 🙂

You need to look at the Australian stats on gun control again. Before 1996 when the Australians disarmed law abiding citizens burglaries were relatively low. By 2006 10 years after the seizure of the guns the burglary rate was among the highest in the world!

I don't favour civilians carrying guns and a taser is a much safer option for home defence in general.

In England a homeowner shot an intruder who had broken into his home and is in more trouble than the intruder. That is totally absurd. Here in the states you have the right to defend your home with deadly force.

yes but murder and prisons and gun life are out of control in America

@briangs In a case where the city wouldn’t allow you to have a gun in your own home I’d think that would be in direct violation of the second amendment and had already been declared unconstitutional in a Chicago case.

your not going to accidentally kill anyone with a taser

the intruder didn't have a gun you must remember

@Trajan61 Actually I don't believe that is true in every State either. In fact it is not. In some states you need to determine that the intruder has a weapon/gun before you use deadly force. Yup sure - we have to stop to ask? Gees.....

@RavenCT Maybe not in every state but here in Oklahoma if someone breaks into your home you have every right to shoot them wether they are armed or not.

now that is fucking stupid

The bill is a damnable one which , if passed, will cost many, many innocent lives!

There have been almost no problems with concealed carry permit holders carrying guns.

Actually in my State there isn't concealed carry except for certain personnel. That being said I've been told by Police in two different States that they prefer you to carry concealed because otherwise you scare the folk who don't carry. And if you happen to go to a shooting meet in another State you can be totally out of luck the way the laws are now. I'd like to see some sensible gun laws enacted - and it's be great if they applied State to State. But as gun laws are mainly written by each State? I do not see this happening anytime soon.

I don't like guns. Should be gun control laws.

Let’s just go back to cave men days where the biggest and strongest just beat the crap out of you and take what they want often even your life. I’m tired of being victimized by crinimals and i intend to defend myself. The gun is just a tool to level the playing field and give yourself a better chance.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15301
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.