Agnostic.com

21 8

Do you block the trolls around here?

Have you noticed that we are getting more and more people on this site who are here just to be disagreeable? They aren't here to debate, they are impervious to logic, and they like to make rash statements without providing any data to support their loony magical thinking based theories or by offering links to dubious or down right contradictory articles that actually disprove the point they were trying to make? I've had it with them. I tried just avoiding or ignoring them, but they seem to want to seek me out and try to start an argument that they are ill prepared to actually be having, so I now have a half dozen shit stirrers on my block list. Is anyone else having the same problem, or am I just a douche magnet?

MsOliver 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is a good observation. We created some better admin tools to find which members have the most abuse reports and blocks and are getting faster at removing these types of members. Determining between a troll or an unpopular opinion maker seems to be more an art than a science. I like art so I'm optimistic we can do better. Thanks!

Admin Level 9 Jan 15, 2018

I block people that make my day worse.

I tried blocking Trump but he just won't go away.

Sethy Level 4 Jan 15, 2018

hahaha

As the site gets more popular, we'll of course get more trolls. At the moment, @Admin is doing stirling work in finding and killing them, however.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

A lot of the people on this website are ultra left wing liberal Obama lovers and Trump badgers who often get pissed if you don’t go along with the way they believe.

That attitude is why I just blocked you.

@atheist Stay in Canada

^^^Hahaha... see... this is how you get rid of the trolls and the jerks.. ^^^ If they block you because you're not a liberal,, they aren't worth chatting with anyway.. lmao

I think I'm having that happen right now in another thread. Had another this weekend and he got really insulting and I reported him. And I did block one.

Just a douche-magnet. J/K
I've noticed a few lurking about. I haven't blocked anyone yet, but that doesn't mean I won't.

They must be gluttons for punishment if they keep coming back to you for more.

Nah...i be very disagreeable!

I would hope Admin wouldn't remove anyone here for having apposing political ideas, of course, no matter how much it may bother someone.. As long as you're polite, you should be welcome to discuss such things.. The people here that would block you for not being a Liberal, aren't worth discussing anything with anyway.. I joined a great group on FB called the Conservative Atheist. You're probably already a member. It's funny watching the people that get on there just to troll, and end up getting embarrassed.. We're a rare breed for sure. It's awesome seeing how our numbers are growing though.. Cheers

The administration puts up with fowl vulgarity when it comes to bashing Trump but people who defend him get kicked off the website. I’ve saw it happen.

Can I just add that in addition to trolls, fully commented on here by others, there's the issue of a trend of posters who I don't think have an interest in higher ideas really at all. Now I'm the last one who wants to censor posting, and I've said so, and we can all raise lighter or humorous issues from time to time. But I would be sad to see the promise of this excellent initiative, which I'm sure all serious posters respect and would wish for better things, be lost as it becomes a sort of FaceBook MiniMe. Please no.

So far, I've just been avoiding and ignoring them.

No I had one removed from the site but she managed to block me. I agree as we grow in membership we sometimes see posts with arguments. I'm reporting anyone who gives someone else a hard time.

The frequency is increasing as our membership does. I blocked my first yesterday.

Zster Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

Sure, there are trolls. In every discussion venue, especially online, we will meet those folks who look to promote their own opinion and/or bash others, and some of them can be downright rude.

It's hard sometimes not to take it personal, but that's the best we can do. Nasty words are harmful only as long as we let them be.

no, i do what seems appropriate but I would if I needed to.

Is it that only women are attracting these guys? No offence ladies. That's what I felt after reading all the comments here.

I'm suprised at how few trolls I have encountered here

I must be really thick skinned, all I've noticed is lively debate and funny stuff, still thanks for the heads up

I haven't run across any blatant trolls here yet, and I'm here a lot. I haven't blocked anyone either.

I had one whom asked a ridiculous question. I looked at the persons profile and they were open with the fact that they were "a believer". So due to their honesty after I asked myself why they were on the site I indulged the question. I was being baited and knew it but if they were in fact here to learn and have discussions then so be it. If they were simply trolling they would make it obvious themselves.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15483
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.