Agnostic.com

38 7

Are they waiting for an attack?

Do you ever feel like coworkers are constantly itching to defend their faith against you, even though you never bring it up, and there are 20 of them and only one of you?

PaigeM 6 Aug 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I don’t talk about religion with my co-workers and if they do I just respond with platitudes. Don’t engage with them. Look for commonalities, not differences, that will help your situation.

If anyone brings it up, just say "Religion is not an appropriate topic for a place of business. Thank you."

Best defense...

Pick your battles, don't be drawn into one of their choosing.

I work in a law firm in the south with a LOT of people. Religion doesn't come up in conversations. Not even when a group of us goes out to lunch.

All day, every day.

Never

Constantly....but then, I teach at a Jewish high school!

It's not a fair fight..20 Christians against 1 Athiest.
I would tell them to go find another 20..and tell the 40 of them they are not living the dream..they living in a fairytale..?

Don't ask. Don't tell in Texas.

I don't think my co workers would care if I told them im an atheist.

They will defend any false-flag attack used to divert our attention. we are in deep poo.

I live and work on a christian/Republican environment. I told myself that I won't discuss religion, politics and sports.
It is hard sometimes, especially when they pray before a group meal or praise supernatural for ordinary things.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154984
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.