When I die,
let the flames devour me
When I die,
scatter me in the breeze
When I die...
Set me free

Bearded_Bard 4 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just as long as we, the organic thing typing at this moment, return our body to mommy nature. It is the decomposition that allows nature to be who she is. Too bury an embalmed body in a casket, then a vault, is just not good for the soul. And the soul , again is the organic compound sitting here typing wishing to speak about who the hell is thinking, let us call it a soul which does not to believe it will no longer be.

EMC2 Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Just like getting cremated. That's the way I want to go, and scatter my ashes in any swamp.
There's no place like going back home to the south.

Nice one.

But, Nigel Degrasse Tyson will disagree with you. He wants him to be buried. 😉

First time anyone mentioned sharksLOL.

I've told me kids I don 't care, I will be dead. The should do what makes them happy.

Nice reading.

Catwhisperer,don't worry when you die you will not know if it is dark or not as you are dead and your brain has ceased to work and is slowly decomposing,but it is a nice thought to be buried at sea and have the marine life eating your corpse or if cremated and your ashes scattered in the sea the marine life feeding on your ashes sounds better than worms in a coffin eating you.

It's more about how i don't want to have some final resting place. I don't want to be tied to a physical location I want to be free

Cool... my wife wants the mountains. I said damn baby it's up there... what if? I want my ashes at an airfield in florida.

Yeah... I don't want a marked place where someone I loved will shed tears and leave flowers. As a sailor I was, I want to return to sea. Because I don't know if a corpse will be good eating for a predator at sea. I am convince ashes are the way to go. Environment friendly you know? And by the way... nice writing. Keep it up.

I can't take full credit see comment below

@Catwhisperer Honesty will take you far with humans and cats.

What's this from? Is it an original poem of yours? I like it, regardless.

ditto. nice

It's more of a mash up and reorganization of original ideas and the song Wolves by Down Like Silver. Check it out it is a very good song

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.