Agnostic.com

13 7

One of two things must be wrong with me—my appearance or my personality. Or maybe both.

I realized that this must be absolute, as I was following another post. I have the same attributes as others, yet I’m looked over/ignored/passed by.

I don’t wear makeup or fancy clothes, I believe in both sides of the political line, I’m highly educated, and I’m a genuinely good person. But it seems these things make me undesirable.

I’ll be 45 in three months. I’ve decided to become a hermit. Loneliness is better than being ignored.

At least my dogs and grandkids love me. 😉

Back to therapy, I guess.

Sometimes trying to be more social does more damage.

Annaleda 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are beautiful.

First, thank you to EVERYONE who took the time to comment.

I was shocked by how dog pictures are received by some. But I can see how you could think that. And am glad to know this. Though, it’s a correct assumption with me. While I wouldn’t necessarily always put my pups before my partner. My partner would have to know that they were here first, and I’ll not change my treatment of them. Compromising to a certain degree, but realistically, if someone is not ok with my dogs the way they are, I wouldn’t date them.

Some days it’s hard to see the sun, even while it’s shining down. 😉

I didn’t mean to imply people at Agnostic.com were ignoring/passing me up, just in general. I’m in search of friends and a partner.

PLEASE know, if I didn’t feel comfortable here, I never would have shared.

Remember... "When you don't like the odds against you... Change the odds more to your liking" ...and never ever give up.

I've been feeling the same

Hugs

back at you

Seem fine and dandy to me, sometimes our lifestyles get in the way. Also many guys do not approach women who they think are beyond them re looks, intelligence wealth and so on, we are pretty insecure really.

Sounds like the only thing holding you back, and rendering you "damaged" and invisible is your vision of yourself. Our minds can be powerful prisons.

I follow your posts just like many here. I do not know what made you think otherwise. Be strong.

There is nothing wrong with you. Be patient. Im following you. I answer as your post come up. Start following some people and answer their post as they come up. Your cool.

Please don't assume something is wrong with you maybe it's the other people who "look over/ignore/pass by" that have the problem and can't see your intelligence, your beauty, and your heart.

I'm glad you posted here about your feelings. If you think you need to speak to a professional therapist then, by all means, do it, there is no shame in that. Please don't shut down and be a hermit.

We're here too and you can always talk to someone.
You can message me or vent in the open forum if you want to.

I don't wear makeup unless I have a social event, don't paint my nails or toes, and believe people either accept me for who I am or they don't-their loss. I used to be a people pleaser-no more. Don't be hard on yourself @Annaleda. Be you.

Attitude, left out attitude.
Be what you want to attract.
Be confident. Be happy. Smile and flirt.
Make eye contact. Put yourself out there.
Go to the park, take a class, anything to avoid being home.

Wanted to share this with you.
Many of her quotes have got me to come to terms with pending divorce.
Much happier than I've been in years, the best is yet to come!

When I see a woman who posts photos of her pets, I think immediately that her pets will always be more important to her than I would ever be.

When I see photos of everything except the photographer... I think they lack confidence or have low self esteem.

I see that as a person who loves animals, and to me that is a good thing 🙂

Really? I post pictures of my dog. Perhaps your comment says more about you.

If I see posts of a pet this indicates a love for animals which I see as a positive attribute in a woman

@jlynn37 It depends on the person. It also signifies an ability to nurture a living thing, which done well 'transfers' to humans. People who can't care for an animal properly spook the hell out of me.

What happened? I think you are beautiful!

Sacha Level 7 Jan 15, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15550
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.