Agnostic.com

9 1

Healthy smoothies

Ever since I've stopped drinking energy drinks, I've started to drink detoxing smoothies. I prefer a combination of raw honey, cactus, ginger, holy basil, aloe vera, and almond milk. What recipes would you suggest for someone like me?

GodlessWahid666 5 Aug 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty much daily : banana, kiwi, assorted berries, 1/4 lemon w/skin and seeds, couple hands full of greens, water, Tbsp ACV , Tbsp diatomaceous earth, tsp spirulina, scoop of Phood (vegan protein), Tbsp nutritional yeast. Good stuff !

@GodlessWahid666 apple cider vinegar

We call it "juicing". But yeah we too like to make them. Wht is great is that you cn use veggies tht are a bit wilted, so there is less wasted.

At the moment, our garden is over producing zucchini, blackberries and cucumbers... throw a littel ginger in for a littel zing. We also might throw in apples, Kalle, spinich or whatever we want to use up before it goes bad.

When the Tomatoes and Grapes come in we'll incorporate t6hem too.

Anything without too many carbs (sugars). Remember, when you juice or make smoothies, you're adding more than you would eat in a normal sitting so it all adds up, including calories.

I just bought a bag of avocados and halved them and froze them to add to smoothies. Hoping to add ingredients that my kid will tolerate. He doesn't do bananas for some reason. Most fruits he will do unless they have too many seeds. I use mostly yogurt, frozen fruits, and v8 fruit and vegetable juices. I need to make them healthier but this is what he'll drink.

Hihi Level 6 Aug 15, 2018

And since he has autism and is very sensitive to smells and tastes, it's not like I can 'sneak' things in without him noticing! Oh boy, he notices all right!

For a juice, like juice it yourself, apple, carrot and ginger. For a smoothie, strawberries, blueberries, avacado, ginger, yogurt (or a vegan protein powder) orange juice, or any kind of juice. For a thicker, colder one, I prefer using frozen fruit over adding ice. If you use the protein powder vs. the yogurt you'll need to add more liquid. I tend to refrain from adding any sweetener, even honey, and instead utilizing the sweetness of the fruit.

Protein work out smoothie without protein powder, based on a childhood egg nothing recipe: 1/2c eggwhites, 1c plain soy or nut milk of choice, 2T quick cook oats, 2T PB2 (powdered peanut butter); 2t vanilla extract, nutmeg and cinnamon +/- sweetener to taste; add any other fruits (I use blueberries or strawberry now and then). I've substituted SunWarrior plant protein for the eggwhite or PB2, but do not like the taste as well.

Zster Level 8 Aug 15, 2018

Here's an album full of recipes 🙂
[facebook.com]

@GodlessWahid666 🙂 not a dude, but you're welcome

I have a protein smoothie almost every morning as part of my breakfast. I tend to throw in everything but the kitchen sink. I'll use frozen banana, a couple or four ice cubes, thinly sliced Kale, Spinach, Blueberries, plant protein powder and bone broth powder (chocolate), Spirulina, a teaspoon of powdered B vitamins and L Glutamine. That along with my bowl of Oat Bran keeps in on my feet and my stomach full for hours.

Chocolate bone broth powder?

@Hihi Yep. It is powdered form of bone broth (boiled bone). It comes in all flavors and is great for collagen, protein, glucosamine and chondroitin (joint health), gut health, boosts the immune system and helps heal gut lining (leaky gut syndrome). It's flavor is very bland and can be used in foods, smoothies or as a hot drink with some miso and chicken stock to flavor.

What you have sounds good to me.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You can improve your website score in general by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others who are compatible with them.

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page or at [agnostic.com].

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:155710
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.