Agnostic.com

30 1

How do you deal with pain?

I have 2 surgeries on my back both my knees have had the meniscus repaired. Arthritis has set in. Arthritis has a wickedness to it that sometimes Jedi mind trick just does not work on the pain. I do not like narcotics or cannabis. I can get high on just plain being lucid my imagination is that strong. I sometimes use the capsaicin trick to release dopamine. Tens unit just makes my nerve buzz and hurt. Looking for other solutions and ideas.

azzow2 9 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You might want to try CBD oil. I sell it at work and I have had really positive feedback from my customers on its efficacy. So sorry you have to go through that pain.

Tell me about that CBD oil please

@Bigwavedave CBD oil is a cannabinoid found in the cannabis family of plants. Hemp is a part of the cannabis family but is not to be confused with Marijuana, also a cannabis plant. It is used to treat various health issues such as anxiety, insomnia, epilepsy, pain and it may also help with cancer. Our bodies possess something called the Endocannabinoid System which manages our bodies homeostasis. Cannabinoids help the system to do that.

Turmeric root juiced with carrots and apples
Turmeric in curry
Turmeric supplements
Turmeric Tea

I also eat cherries and pineapple...a lot!
And I throw chia seeds and hemp seeds into my smoothies everyday.

I will look into that turmeric is an awesome herb. Do you grow your own turmeric?

@azzow2 not yet....but I'm planning on it! I get my Turmeric root at Whole Foods right now...but you can bet that it is on my list of things to add to my garden! 🙂

@SkotlandSkye [balconygardenweb.com] [google.com] Found all this you might already know these things,I learned something new for the day for me.

@azzow2 Yes! I just need to find a better source of "starter" turmeric...the stuff I planted didn't grow and rotted away. Clearly I need to read more and double check I have the correct soil, good starter roots, etc. I plan on trying again next spring. I want to grow them outside all summer before moving them into the greenhouse for winter.

Be very careful with your knees and consult a doctor perhaps but yoga and an ice cold blast in the shower for as long as I can stand it help me a lot in addition to herb. my injuries aren’t quite as accute as yours, no surgeries but I’ve got a dashboard knee from a wreck and some pulled back muscles, mild scoliosis and sciatica. generally most of it boils down to poorly aligned, tense hips causing problems above and below so that’s what I’ve been working on. Any way you can find to alternate heat and cold on your back will probably help, although I presume if you’ve had surgeries it’s a slipped, fused, or herniated disc problem and not musculature? I would say look up some relaxing yin yoga for elongating the spine might be nice. It uses very little effort and mostly puts you in a position where gravity will do the work.

I do a lot of Tai chi helps, for some reason, I keep pulling muscles in my upper back must be overcompensating. I have a fusion that has a polymer cage in L5 S1.

Ice, baby, ice! Ice reduces inflammation and pain.

To heal, I rely on RICE: Rest, ice, compression and elevation. At first, I take Ibuprofen for two days.

I take gabapentin 900 mg 3 times a day. Ice makes the pain a tad worse as arthritis is for some reason aggravated by cold.

@azzow2
You might try alternating heat and ice, 10 minutes for each, ending with whichever feels best.

You might try CBD oil. One of the ladies at work is trying it for her neuropathy and other nerve pain. I asked her today if it was helping and she said yes and no. It hasn't helped the neuropathy yet but it is helping her other never pain.

Yeah even vape shops here in TN are starting to offer CBD and now Kratom too.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.