Agnostic.com

30 1

How do you deal with pain?

I have 2 surgeries on my back both my knees have had the meniscus repaired. Arthritis has set in. Arthritis has a wickedness to it that sometimes Jedi mind trick just does not work on the pain. I do not like narcotics or cannabis. I can get high on just plain being lucid my imagination is that strong. I sometimes use the capsaicin trick to release dopamine. Tens unit just makes my nerve buzz and hurt. Looking for other solutions and ideas.

azzow2 9 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have had pain my whole life for various reasons. I've learned to ignore a lot of it. But I do have arthritis in my back and when I finally got diagnosed the Dr just said take Tylenol arthritis to my amazement that has been controlling it I follow the instructions and if it is a particularly foggy day here I may take some Alieve. All generic as its cheaper.

Hanna Somatics and tai chai as well as horseback riding.But broken arm, split knee cap in half and neck surgury. I did not have quality of life because of nueropathy and arthritus and excercise and wishing it away did not eliminate the pain. I am on gabapentin which I take at night and other than that tylenol for arthritus, eat a healy diet incl salmon at least once a week. Good luck with you pain management, what works for one does not always work for another.

No magic bullet as nothing works all the time. But I find using a combination of approaches works: being active, stretching, alternating pain meds (using each now and then) and taking a hot bath, which helps lose excess water and take pressure off joints.

If all else fails, try the G. Gordon Liddy Method - not minding that it hurts!

DES32 Level 4 Aug 17, 2018

Wrap your joints, the pressure usually helps reduce inflammation.

i have not found a way to deal with my usual fibromyalgia pain or diabetic neuropathy and i refuse to take anything for my arthritis most of the time. if the arthritis gets so bad that i can't put my hand down on the bed, and thus can't sleep, then i take 600mg of ibuprofen.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:156862
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.