Agnostic.com

38 18

Dating site vs Message Board

Is there anyone that still sees this as a dating site?
I joined because it was marketed as a date site but after being here a couple of weeks I feel it is more a community/message board more than a date site.

I actually like it better because of that.

Crimson67 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am attracted to intelligence most evident here and am sad their appears to be so little dating. ...many people my age are free to travel/relocate yet the many miles that separate most of us are considered barriers not invitations

gawddamn spelchek I TYPED THERE not their

I like the community. I am also realistic that finding a like-minded individual to date from this site, relatively near where I live, is slim. So in the meantime, I enjoy the conversations and the people. Hope you do as well!

I don't know why people ASSUME distance bars relocating for marriage ESPECIALLY FOR US RETIRED Atheists who are eager to travel

@Witchymom I think its both. Have made some good friends. May meet some of them.

I agree, but at least we know which ones are open to more. This is the perfect place to be picky. I feel the message board opens up a window not available on other sites, which is very, very helpful. In the meantime, @witchymom, have fun.

Yes, I originally joined because I thought it was a dating site for Freethinkers. I think it is more a message board, with the possibility of finding someone to date. I think that is a bonus. I really am enjoying this site so far. I'm meeting cool females and males to talk to.

I was initially attracted to the site simply because of the domain name. I think it was a Facebook ad, and there was no mention of dating. That part of it, to me, was always secondary to the community that has evolved. I simply enjoy the company.

Looked into it for dating but am enjoying the conversations and community.

I tend to agree but just chatting is how I normally meet partners. I hate stupid chat up lines and on dating sites theres pressure to talk about dating when you don't know them. id rather just bump into the right person being myself and I like chatting.

Yup, exactly!

if your not yourself and you see more of each other. how long can you keep the bullshit up?

Finally, it's your choice. You get to decide what you want from this site.

i joined for the same reason, but its lots of fun in any case.

I joined for the dating. I won't say I'm disappointed, but I am discouraged. I'm still hopeful that the site's dating features will get better.

I joined for the dating and found a wonderful community... most are too far or what have you, but the community has me on here multiple times a day 🙂

Ditto! 🙂

I think the problem is that there isn't alot of people in the same city and the community is very small. I do like that it is free unlike most dating apps and websites that charge a monthly fee. Maybe the site needs to advertise more or we all could post flyers advertising the site.

the site advertises on facebook for one there is also an option to invite people if you look at the points system there is a live link to do that

Yes. I was initially attracted to the site because I thought it was a dating site. At other sites making the claim to be an atheist is like asking who wants to date a leper? I think atheists are gaining ground, finally ranking just behind measles in terms of popularity. As it is I believe I will enjoy just being in a relatively neutral ground where my feet won't be held to the flame if I accidentally flirt during a conversation.

I’m disappointed. Discussions are nice, but I want to date, too.

I concur

It's both. People can actually vet better on here because they read all your comments. It's easier to choose or message someone whom you have a decent idea about their personality on here.

I was on here for dating. Now I'm here for good conversations.

I join because I was looking for like minded people. But this would be a god place to start if you were looking to date. Everyday more and more of us are coming out of the closet.

Hmmm... I'm just an old guy supporting my conviction. I wish everyone a pleasant friendship with other members. It's fun too.

I still can get date on real world/time outside of here so message board is a "new thingy to me too".

Joined for the dating, stayed for the community.... dating pool too limited.

I just joined and I guess I thought it was a dating site. But in filling out the info to join, and after I finally started looking at it, it seems that maybe dating is secondary. And that is fine with me. I am always looking for someone that I might enjoy being with, but I'm also always just being me. I am not desperate......if I was, I'd be really unhappy. I have only "dated" a few times in the last 15 years.

I like the message board aspect more. If something else happens coincidentally that would be ok with me

Showed up thinking I might get a date. Stuck around cuz I had no place else to go.
Like the rest.

@witchymom I think it functions as both which is great. you get to know the people personally then if you feel like asking them for a day you can do that. I ask you for a date if you are closer to my age LOL

dc65 Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Was definitely marketed as a dating site but, like you, I think this is more of a community site with extra functionality than the other way around. Shame, as I'd love to more easily meet someone with similar beliefs to me!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.