Agnostic.com

38 18

Dating site vs Message Board

Is there anyone that still sees this as a dating site?
I joined because it was marketed as a date site but after being here a couple of weeks I feel it is more a community/message board more than a date site.

I actually like it better because of that.

Crimson67 8 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree. I like the community/message concept better.

I wish we lived closer to each other witchymom. ????

It does market as a dating site and that's why I joined. But is more a message board that lets you state whether your interested in dating or not. Which I kind of like.

I got some dates very soon after I joined, but believe the local pool of potential matches has likely been tapped, which is fine. I'm not on the prowl any more, anyway. 😉

Kind of surprised how much I like this site, though. I use it at least as much as Twitter and Facebook, which I didn't expect.

My friend billed it as a dating site but I see it as more of a community message board. To function as a dating site you would need to be able to filter members by gender & distance. Something I don't think this site does.

I think it does. Have you tried the browse members part?

I’d avoided it because of the dating aspect.. so very much appreciate the ‘message board’ action! It is, however, impressive to see the number of women participating ..with their distracting photos 🙂 Shoot, back when that could have made a difference in my life, we’d get a 5% female turnout at our atheist meetings… Progress ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 17, 2018

It is what you make of it.

I met one woman near me IRL and have chatted with a few others in the Seattle area. Also some who are too far away to consider as I don't want a long distance relationship and I like where I live.

It seems like a better place for community and making some chat, email, or phone friends. OkCupid is better for dating. Around here there are lots of people who are either atheist, agnostic, or religion is not important to them.

I realize that people who live in less densely populated or red areas are not in the same situation as those of us who live in or near a blue city.

If you want to experience a Wild West (not many rules) free "Dating Site", check out Meet Me.....you'll be back.....

jasen Level 8 Jan 17, 2018

I only joined for finding an Atheist mate, I do enjoy many posters in this gawdless community

I just joined thinking it was a dating site and now I see that in order to view member profiles Igame to move up through a levels system by posting, commenting, etc. Seems like a lot of work.

its kinda hard to like a dating site. its like walking in an adult bookstore full of Christians with 3 dollars in your pocket.

I am attracted to intelligence most evident here and am sad their appears to be so little dating. ...many people my age are free to travel/relocate yet the many miles that separate most of us are considered barriers not invitations

gawddamn spelchek I TYPED THERE not their

I think it's appealing for both reasons.
It's a great community, but being advertised as a dating site gives it more a little more personality, with more potential and no pressure.

Sure distances are a problem but that can be worked around if able and willing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15979
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.