Agnostic.com

30 3

Have you ever thought yourself into a bad mood?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Thinking about Trump... it is usually a slippery slope into if no a bad mood, then at lest a less pleasant one.

Very much yes. Having negative thoughts. That's why I try as much as possible to be postive minded most of the time.

Only when I'm not asleep

Oh yes. Being an insomniac with depression and a mind that will never shut off is a dangerous combo. I've found that external distractions, ie. Reading, are my best friend

I try to be on the alert for such thoughts and immediately change course.

For example, instead of trying to think of ways that I was harmed by religion, I think of ways that I was helped by religion, or I think nothing at all.

Yes! It’s hard to turn the thoughts around, but important.

I'm usually doing the opposite, trying to think my way out of a bad mood.

Yeah all the time. Depression, it's like a real life super power lol

Yes, I'm clever like that 😀

For sure. Usually I expect and react my way into a bad mood though, thinking my way into a worse one as we go along. It takes a varied set of delicate tools to paint such a cronenbergian hellscape on the heart with the casual composure of bob Ross, but I’m getting there. Happy little trees... happy lil trees. ? ? ?

Yup, most mornings before my coffee...lol

Nearly every single day. It's such a frustrating aspect of how my brain works. Luckily, I know that it will pass and that exercise will almost always help.

Sort of, and it's embarrassing to admit, but it was a dream not a thought. I dreamt that my then-wife had done something really stupid just to piss me off. I woke up and realized it was just a dream and hasn't really happened, but I was still pissed off for a while longer.

The worst part was that I couldn't remember what she had done, but only that I was angry at her.

JimG Level 8 Aug 22, 2018

That's the main cause of it all, thinking, leads to depression, anger, doubt, bitterness, paranoia among every other problem we face. Thinking causes feeling, you dwell long enough you feel physically the result of thoughts, be they positive or negative. Why do you think so many people abuse substances? To try and either stop or control the thoughts that hurt, or to induce false ones of positivity, however temporarily effective that is.

Have you ever thought yourself into a good mood?

I’m working on it hahaha!

Yes.
Lots of times.

It is really easy when you get the hang of it.

Of course. Almost the fastest way there for me.

Oh yes.

....constantly.....and even in the moment i would reclaim a separate peace. I find the human thought process both powerful and beautiful. I think the senses sometimes or all the time need to be in a state of equilibrium at the same time we need certain freedoms to remain feeling properly centred.

Yes, your thoughts can have a positive or a negative effect on your mood. Choose the positive.

Yes, your thoughts can have a positive or a negative effect on your mood. Choose the positive.

Oh yeah.

No, not really. For me, bad moods are externally caused.

No, usually it takes the words or actions of an asshat or two to get my mood down...

Sometimes you are your own worst enemy..........

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160209
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.