Agnostic.com

31 4

Was there a school teacher who made the most impact in your education?

Some of us despised school. Some of us loved it. I kept busy with sports and did my own thing. I was impressed with many a teacher. One such gave good advice. Mr. Robinson, my 7th grade English teacher. He said something like: always challenge yourself as you will find you learn more about yourself every single time. That has resonated with me for its simple truth. The results don't have to be positive all the time, but from failure we learn how to succeed.

Was there a particular teacher that made an impact in your life?

MyLiege 7 Jan 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mr Stevens my biology teacher ... actually all my science teachers were good but he was particularly inspirational. I lost touch with him for 30 years but quite by accident bumped into him and our old lab-technician walking on my local nature reserve and we had a bit of a catch-up. When I told him that I now worked at the Natural History Museum in London the smile on his face was priceless. 🙂

My first grade teacher, Miss Wilson. She was a mean old bitch of a woman. She instilled in me a great dislike of the educational system that stayed with me into college.

It's nice how a good teacher can shape young minds. For me it was Ms. Starks in 6th grade. She taught me to respect myself and not be ashamed of intelligence. You are the people you associate with.

Professor Oscar Farenga / History. He gave a "0" to all his students the first day of class and said: Only your work can change this "0" to a "10".
The debates in his classes were like the ones in the Congress.

I had Prof. Faqrenga the 3rd, 4th and 5th years of high school. Colegio Nacional de Vicente López, Bs. As., Argentina.

It was a Book for me, not an school teacher...
Man Search for Meaning by Dr. Frankl

I've had a few who made a positive impact, but ironically the teacher I remember who made the biggest impact was one where it was very negative. My 5th grade English teacher was certifiably crazy. She had us do wacky projects with impossible due dates and was extremely neurotic and critical, and I wasn't the only one who felt that way. First time I realized that someone could be nuts and it had everything to do with them and nothing to do with me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.