Agnostic.com

53 16

Have you ever been in a newspaper story?

In last Sunday's Wenatchee World newspaper, there was an article about the high school College Mentor Program.

The article featured me and used this photo! Last June, I took three students I previously mentored for a hike on Icicle Gorge trail.

Since 2006, I have been a volunteer college mentor, helping first generation, low income students write essays for college and scholarship applications. It thrills me to send kids to college.

I teach students writing and organizational skills, and the importance of doing work before the deadline.

LiterateHiker 9 Aug 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Not bragging here, but in the late seventies I was featured on a CBS network show called "The Body Human". Shockingly, I qualified. That got me into several local and regional newspapers. Despite all that publicity, nobody ever showed up to sign me to a movie contract and my dreams of taking the Paul Newman role in the "Exodus" remake were shattered. My wife at the time (Long gone) said I should expect more like Alfred E Newman roles. I settled for Randy Newman and dabbled in song writing, but without much talent. Phyllis Newman was never really an option.

Sounds much like my Clemente Project where we mentor people of any age to ready themselves for collegiate performance. ....Greek classic comedy&tragedy is easier than Shakespeare

Yes. My son and I were interviewed after the start of Bush II Iraqi war, when we painted a sheet with peace sign and No War. Got egged. Misquoted, on purpose, by the larger county paper. Wouldn't talk to them again. Got interviewed by a smaller town paper and the larger paper paid to reprint that one, too.

@Beowulfsfriend

With Citizens for Peace, we stood holding anti-war and peace signs at a busy intersection, during the lead up to the Iraq War.

"Fu-king traitors!" guys in trucks yelled, throwing beer cans and bottles at us.

@LiterateHiker i know. Now most of those idiots agree with what you were saying. I got more press by being a vet against the War, a stupid war.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:160649
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.