Agnostic.com

26 5

How do you let your hair go grey gracefully? I started going grey when I was 24. Obviously I color my hair... So highlights of grey?

What are you doing?

Knitfreak 7 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think with the way I've partied and lived im lucky to of got to 40 let alone nearly 57 so im proud of every grey hair I got. not sure about it migrating off the top of my head and onto my ears and up my nose though lol.

Greysfully!

As I started going grey, I mentioned to my best friend that I was considering coloring my hair. He said, "Why don't you just be happy with who you are?" I haven't worried about it since.

Handsome look ! Good for us !

Stopped coloring. Let the roots grow out a few inches (it wasn't pretty). Then cut it all off, and never looked back.

That's what I did. 22in was cut off and then an additional inch was trimmed off.

@SonderOpia I have preferred to keep my hair short for most of my adult life. I got over the whole "primping" thing around 23. Short hair requires so much less maintenance. Made the decision to go natural so much easier. That, and deciding to stop purchasing all L'Oreal products, including their hair color.

I have mine colored. I'm not ready to go full "wisdom highlights."

Congratulations if that's your biggest worry.. 🙂

I embrace the grey. Although I dyed my hair once in awhile when I was younger, just for something different, I came to not like the idea of putting chemicals on my head.

There are some pretty great products that just let you go any shade of grey you'd like. I helped a friend go a really beautiful sterling shade. She just did it all at once and it was really dramatic and cool as hell.

Hera Level 1 Jan 18, 2018

I stopped all that. But i did it for 10 years...lol

The first time I dyed my hair was in 7th grade. For me, it was really embarrassing to have gray hair that young. I finally got used to it, and let it go until my mid 40's. That's when I started dying it. I finally got tired of all the retouch, and let it go natural.

My hair is 95 percent gray. I'm about to buy some hair chalk combs and see how that works. It would be interesting to have a different color funky color whenever I want it.

I started getting grey in my late 20's. It slowly started getting more grey over the years. It doesn't bother me.

A friend told me that he plans to grow old disgracefully...LOL

Well, I’m not certain, but my grey just jumped in there without me being aware of it

I've been prematurely grey since I was 30. Now I am typically offered senior discounts on stuff.

I let my hair grow out until it was at the length of Grey that I wanted it and then I just chopped off the other 22 inches. I love having gray hair now.

I have a few here and there... less concerned for them than thinning hair...

I've been pretty lucky. I'll be 42 in May and I have maybe a handful of gray hairs. I haven't dyed my hair in 5 years. I'm sure I'll start covering it as soon as they start to show more.

Kanda Level 5 Jan 21, 2018

I just turned 60 and I have very few grays, just good genes I guess. My sisters are younger and grayer than I am. I am a natural blond, it's gotten darker as I get older. I don't color my hair. My grandmother started going gray at 24ish, it coincided with the great depression, or so she told us. I figure if I get em, I get em.

Grey? Gracefully? When people ask me what my hair color is I tell them Mrs. Clairol Number 44!

I started greying maybe 6-8 years ago. I stopped growing my beard then, that's where it showed up the most.

I had my first greys at age 21. Last year, I decided it was time to let it be. Coloring my hair every 5 weeks since my twenties was enough. I have no regrets. I love my hair and get lots of compliments on it.

Why do cats never go grey?

Out of necessity I haven’t colored my hair for a few years. Most of my gray is above my ears, so it’s not crazy noticeable. Once our finances turn around, I’ll dye it again. I feel like gray is an all or nothing thing (for me personally). I have thought about dyeing it with grey highlights though...I think it looks cool.

I tried letting mine grow out - But it's only partially grey - not uniform, or bright, kind of boring. So I continue to color - a natural looking reddish-brown. I like that much better !

Easy, I shave it.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.