Agnostic.com

10 3

My kids came home from school a few weeks back and the topic of dinosaurs came up and one of the other kids was telling them that dinosaurs were not reptiles. To put an end to the argument I went and researched the topic. Come to find out not all prehistoric animals are considered reptile, many of them are amphibians.

azzow2 9 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Purple dinosaurs rule!

You never know till you know. Google is a wonderful thing.

"Reptile" is an outdated concept in general; it stems from historical classification based on somewhat arbitrary sets of characteristics. [iflscience.com]

Which begs the question, am I a reptile or an amphibian? (See, cause I'm a dinosaur... ... sigh)

this is true and some were mammals too

some creatures are often mis-labeled as 'dinosaurs' just because of the era in which they lived.

Lol... no comment there. I'm over the hill. To much thought there.

Oh the joys of being a parent!!!!

All dinosaurs were reptiles however, there were other vertebrates around at the time.

Good to know!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16299
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.