Agnostic.com

3 2

Have you ever had someone so greatful for what you’ve done they start praising god and talking about blessings?

She is such a nice friendly woman and she’s also someone I want to establish a working relationship with. I didn’t have the heart to say anything mostly because I didn’t want to jeopardize losing her as a resource. How do you compromise your beliefs?

helionoftroy 7 Aug 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

One way I look at it is that we are our own gods..we are the ones who are creating our own universe, so when they start praising "god," they are really praising you, since you are the one who did it all.

This gets a little complicated. I try to redirect the person to reality. Depending on the person of course.
If they have a good sense of humor they say “thank you Jesus”. I let them know they can call me Becca.
They might say “I’m so blessed to have you working with me”. I would reply that I agree we are FORTUNATE to have such a good team.
I also try to remember that these things aren’t said to insult or offend me. It’s part of the culture where I am from.

This is common. My response depends on the person. Often I will mention god really didn't have anything to do with (insert event here). In your example, I don't have a good answer. (not sure there is a good answer) 😟

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:163031
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.