Agnostic.com

8 8

My husband Jock was brought up without religion, never christened into any church. When he died I didn't have a funeral for him, he didn't want one. He had a green cremation a local undertaker spoke to me about how he was struggling to come to terms with working for the company that provided the green burials/cremations, he couldn't understand how people could be cremated without ceremony or without anyone coming to see the deceased off. I explained that my husbands friends and relatives would be having a huge party to celebrate his life and that we were making it a fundraiser to get deposits together to get local homeless people in housing. Anyone know their plans for their mortal remains if you're not religious? Since the party I've been on tour with Jock's ashes, he's been fired out of cannons, been to a wedding and lots of festivals and I'm not finished yet 🙂

psycheworks 8 Jan 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like you made an honourable choice for Jock. I, anticipate my end to resemble the conclusion of the great Christopher Hitchens who's body was donated to medical research.

Wow, just wow. He was a really lucky guy.

I would love to go out the way Jock did. I'd like my ashes placed in a pot and a tree planted in it. Recently I tried to explain to my mom why I feel cemeteries are a waste of space, and that I don't want to be buried. It seems silly to me that we take up so much land for the deceased. She explained to me how she felt she was visiting her brother when at his grave, as if his soul lives there, but I feel our loved ones are with us in spirit, and that we will see them again one day.

you might like this too Nicki [treesforlife.org.uk]

@psycheworks This is lovely!

That sounds awesome. I'd like something similar when I pass

we did this for him too Jimmy [treesforlife.org.uk]

I will be cremated. There will be no funeral or celebration of any kind. My wife and daughters will scatter my ashes at a site of my choosing .

That's what I'm having and I'm buying the booze too. I'm going to have mine catered. It's going to be a great send off.

@JWDiaz. Awww come on. Today or tomorrow. It's been a great ride.

we did this too [treesforlife.org.uk]

@psycheworks. Hey.... that's pretty cool. I want my tree to be a magnolia.

He must have been some guy. I like this guys attitude (with the exception of the priest)

he loved Jake Thackray
we also did this for him [treesforlife.org.uk]

here's Jock doing his thing

I just want to be buried in my back yard by myself.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16329
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.