Agnostic.com

17 1

Do you like the beginnings or they scare you?

There are so many types of beginnings : a relationship, new friends, new job, new house, new city or even country, etc. A new beginning mean change. How do you deal with the beginnings and the changes in your life? Embrace or avoid them?

Sensiwoman7 6 Aug 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i don't have one way of dealing with beginnings. it depends entirely on what they appear to be the beginnings of. "appear" is an important word here too, because not all beginnings are apparent until they've already begun.

g

How true - new beginnings can occur in all aspects & times in life. I used to dread that. Although, I also dreaded being caught in something (as I was personally).
Now that I'm allowing myself to evolve & exploring myself, I am scared of the changes I have been jumping into. I'm feeling so good about pushing myself to embrace the changes even though they scare me.
That's led to a complete change in my life. I'm now living a much more healthy & enjoyable life.

I'm usually pretty centered regarding most situations of change. I'm aware of the time need for transitioning. I take my highs and lows pretty much the same. With appreciation, but I'm also aware that it will pass.

Anxiously... but if it's inevitable, I typically just mindfully take a breath, and envision the first step out of an airplane into free-fall... a lean into it, with reckless abandon approach. The fear is in the transition. But, yes, I have always found transitions anxiety producing... but I reckon that puts me in the embrace approach, with eyes closed and breath held.

I have had countless new beginnings. They terrified me at first, but as life goes on, they get more drastic, and I am more intrigued about what the outcome might be.

I don't think new beginnings scare me, they can annoy me. Beginning a new job means a learning curve. New houses are fun but moving is HARD. You just get through them.

I generally just accept them as they are inevitable. Some beginnings are happy events. Others are not.

Your question brings to mind:

I relish those new beginnings. It isn't that everything else has become stale, but it's nice to have an influx of something new to keep me on my toes; otherwise, for all I know, I'm the one becoming tiresome and dull.

I relish them.

I love beginnings, lose enthusiasm easily and dread endings. ?

In some things, I love beginnings--friendships, relationships, travel--and with other things, I'm more resistant. Major life changes tend to upset me.

I don't like change even when it's good. My mind had a hard time with changes, BUT I know some change is good so I do try to change certain things.

Once worked with the most intelligent yet least educated guy I’d met. Around my own age … I can still hear is signature line (in deep country accent): “Change is not good.” So, when change is forced on me, I think - either change, or ending up like ‘John,’ ..change looks better 🙂

I deal with change straight away and move forward whether by the inch, by the day, or by the year. I keep swimming swimming swimming, I just keep swimming swimming swimming

..have you reached shore? 🙂

I like a lot of beginnings if they aren't too drastic. At 70 I don't think I'd be able to move to another country and be able to get along. I hate routine and one of the best things about retirement is that I can do what I want, when I want.

Have to embrace them.....was transferred to Houston a few years back from California.
Made the decision to dive into the relo head first as quickly as possible.

I love the adventure of new starts, I've lived in 6 countries and worked in more than I can think of at this moment. I've had 4 serious relationships and loads of not so serious. Routine is what brings me down, give me adventure any day!

Both ~

Varn Level 8 Aug 25, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:163551
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.