Agnostic.com

58 9

To hug or not to hug

Are you a hugger?

Do you feel comfortable giving/receiving hugs from strangers or people you aren't close to?

Why or why not?

Crimson67 8 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I’m definitely a hugger! I tend to be very touchy-feely and have a very small personal bubble. I try to respect that other people have a larger personal bubble but sometimes I forget

I'm a hugger for the most part, but I find myself more reserved these days. There are fewer people I hug, mostly because there are fewer people I connect with, fewer that I'm WILLING to connect with. I've become this dichotomy of affectionate person who prefers his own personal cave; a gregarious hermit, if you will.
Regardless, one thing that really irks me is a weak hug. I hate'em! They're just so... Ugh!

Friends and family yes. Strangers no. Not comfortable with that. A handshake or head nod is fine.

Not afraid of hugs.

Family and close friends get hugs if they want them. Complete strangers will not get a hug IRL.

I’m a hugger, not to complete strangers but I also don’t have to be that familiar with people either. It really doesn’t bother me. It usually comes from within a sphere of people I know of but don’t know. Again, I’m in Texas it seems to the norm.

I will do the hug if I know you. I do respect personal space although mine has a small periphery. I get it if others have a larger one.

Yeah I'm good with it, but certainly respect those who aren't.

If they’re good friends.

Marz Level 7 Aug 27, 2018

I only hug friends or family, like most Brits!

if it seems right then it is right but its generally people i know

If I don't know the person for me it's awkward but generally not refused.

Friends & family mostly...I am quite naturally affectionate and tactile...

It is important to remember the others mileage may vary..they are not wired that way..which is absolutely fine..never hug someone that you even slightly suspect is not wired to be responsive to a hug. Never invade somebody's personal space by foisting a hug on them...nobody likes awkward...

So apart from friends and family..I reserve hugs for strangers in dire straits who need help and are reaching out.

I detest the huggers and just stick out my hand.

If uncomfortable ask person first before hugging I personally love hugs friends at church hug me all the time x

sunnn Level 4 Aug 27, 2018

If I know you then I will hug you if I haven't seen you for a long time. If I'm dating someone or in a relationship then hugs will be random and almost invasive lol

I could definitely use one right now.

Not to hug. I have a slew of reasons. And then there are a few people that it feels natural so those are "to hug".

I like to hug, even bro hugs are cool.

My friends, my family & myself - we are all huggers.

Hugs are very important. Especially for men, imo, as we are often deprived throughout our lives.

Absolutely! There is no dithering in hugging...🙂

Don't. Just. Don't. I need my space. If it gets to be too much of a point I will laxen my hygiene until professional distance is maintained.

Yes...i am good to hug or be hugged

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.