Agnostic.com

3 1

The ghouls among us!

As far back as I can remember, I've been somewhat of a ghoul. As a nine year old, I took a book out of the library on "mortuary science" and was fascinated most by the chapter on making a corpse's mangled face look normal again. As a young adult, I finagled an opportunity to (illegally) observe a middle of the night embalming at the local funeral home. Fascinating! I'm still ghoulish, as evidence by my recent penchant for watching YouTube channel, "Ask a Mortician". Here's a sample:

RobLawrence 7 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

not my thing... but i do like dr g, medical examiner.

g

@RobLawrence yes similar interest for sure.

g

I love her!

Interesting. Did you also choose a career related to death? What are your feelings about death?

Carin Level 8 Aug 27, 2018

@RobLawrence Wow, very interesting. I mostly avoid thinking about death lately as I already have too many bad things happening. I probably worry more about dying than death too, & not so much that it could be physically painful but that I don't want to not exist, & be forgotten within a generation. I think I agree with all the stuff you said.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164523
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.