Agnostic.com

2 0

So any D&D players/DM’s out there?

What’s your opinion of D&D today? As well as your opinion of how it’s changed over the years?

TrisA 2 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm old school. I used to have the modules for AD&D 1st edition. And I agree with Renickulous, everything after 2nd Ed. Sucked. #THAC04LYFE

Lol I’ve never played anything other than 5e. What’d they do different in AD&D and 2e?

@TrisA wow, that's a much larger question than you realize. I guess the easy answer is pretty much everything.

@Kafir true I’ve looked at older editions and seen a lot of different systems and rules in place that I don’t understand. Thaco being one of them lol. 3.5 is the earliest edition I’ve played....so many rules

I have to say though I’m happy to find fellow D&D enthusiasts among atheism lol. I’ve noticed in my own campaign I DM I’ve reflected my own beliefs on the “gods” and made them very powerful mortal beings. They can be killed but it’s just very hard.

Of course that’s not what I believe but I put it in as a story mechanic so there’s an explanation to why things are the way they are.

That's so 1980s..

Not really, it’s made a comeback and came back into popularity.

@TrisA I still associate the game with E.T.

There are three gaming stores within easy driving distance of my home , each sponsoring multiple D&D games throughout the week .

@Cast1es Yeah, I know it's still popular with some. I was referring to my own attitude. I don't do board or online gaming of any kind, but my kids used to.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.