Agnostic.com

38 5

Veggies you like

A lot of people have asked me what my favorite fruits and veggies are since I turned vegetarian, mine are: seaweed, coconut, apples, heart of palms, red onions, peppers, lychees and blood oranges with asparagus. what are yours?

GodlessWahid666 5 Aug 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its easier to say the veg I don't like. I wouldn't smack a dog in the ass with a bowl full of beets. Purple dirt. Not a fan of acorn or butternet or dumpling squash. They just taste off to me but I keep trying different recipes looking for 1 thats good (fuck beets)

Blueberries, blackberries, cherries, pineapple, peaches, avocados, bananas, honeydew, cucumber, red onion, asparagus, spinach, collards, zucchini, squash... willing to try any veggies

Strawberries, bananas, broccoli, squash, oranges, spinach (when made right)

I actually haven’t found a vegitable I haven’t liked.

Grilled zucchini, squash, peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, onions. Coat with olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper.

I like all the veggies now that I am cooking them for myself. I grew up in an overcooked veggie household. I grew up where the only way I ever had a carrot was giant woody carrots cut in big pieces cooked with greasy pot roast. The only way I ever had green beans was soggy and stringy. The only way I ever got to eat yellow squash or turnips was cooked down into a mushy pile of glop with onions so that it looked and had the same texture as dog vomit. Learning to cook, oven roast, lightly steam, stir fry, etc. all the veggies has made me like all the veggies. The only one I still have something of a tough time with is red beets, but I can hack them diced and tossed and oven roasted in olive oil.

Did your mother teach my mother to cook? I suffered the same experience. To this day I do not like vegetables.

I could snack on edamame all day. I love most veggies but have never gotten used to most of the greens they eat down south or okra. I love most fruit except bananas, they’re just pasty and slimy.

Pretty much any and all, except for lima beans (so dry and disgusting).

Thank goodness the dog liked them as I needed to "clear my plate" growing up.

ALL OF THEM

except hominy, okra and eggplant.

Oh! And green lima beans.

Love me some roasted broccoli & cauliflower
mango
persimmon
fresh figs
pomegranate

I've not tried fresh figs because the dried ones made me sick. Maybe they are better.

@confidentrealm the texture is similar to apricots

@chalupacabre Love Apricots

Persimmon!

Only bell peppers are out due to repetitive belching. I have yet to meet a plant based edible I did not like. However I have not tried durian as yet.

Most fruits. Blueberries are starting to get more bland with each passing generation. Can't breed them for size I guess. Peaches...aw gawd.....YES! I could eat a peach for an hour.
Veggies... hrm... Peppers. Definitely peppers. All of them. Bell, banana, chili, jalapeno, habanero sriracha, and so on. And french fried taters.

Fruits: banana, grapes, strawberries, pineapple

Vegetables: green beans, broccoli, carrots

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:165945
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.