Agnostic.com

4 2

I am noticing that after I have read new posts and comments frequently ones that I have marked as read will pop up again as new. Can this be fixed?

SKDeitch 7 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

ok, so its not just me,.

Happens to me. They will show up in the drop-down menu (highlighted), I'll select it, read it. When I return to the drop-down menu it will be there only not highlighted. I'll select the x, to remove it. Then sometime later it will show up again, highlighted. For me, this only happens occasionally, not every time.

One up on me...?

How are marking posts "read"? It happens automatically. Also, "pupup again as new" can you explain more? Thanks!

Admin Level 9 Jan 20, 2018

What I'm finding for myself is that I'll see comments or replies to my comments and will "like" them before the notifications arrive. Then, later I'll get the notifications. I don't know if @SKDeitch is experiencing the same thing but, it's like there's some lag time in notifications.

@Admin... if it helps:

If I click on the bell icon and select one of the three in the drop-down box, it takes me to that comment or reply but, it still remains in the number count of new notifications. However, if I click on the bell and then select "View All", ,a new page opens with all of the comments. Once I select it from that page, it gets removed from the number of new notifications.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16874
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.