Agnostic.com

32 6

The Bad and the Ugly

What are the worst qualities you inherented from your parents?

AMGT 8 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments (26 - 32)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From my mother: pedantry, easily annoyed, and depression

From my father: anxiety, pride, and overly cautious

I’ve managed to overcome reactionism and absolutism (thankfully).

But I know I can be self-righteous, hyper vigilant, aloof and vindictive at times. Plus, unmanageably curly hair is a pest.

Not really...runs in my family, everyone knows/understand each and everyone of us is a separate entity. Perhaps a better angle for me is, how my daughters would answer the question

Addictive tendencies, stubborness, and holding vindictive grudges, on the positive side, an endurance for bullshit and a certain kind of confidence in my opinion, a creative view point from my grandfather that takes its own path through adversity and to achieve goals despite the resistance.

Father: addictive tendencies
Mother: Codependency

Luckily I can identify and work on these. I never became an addict, but I'm aware it is quite possible.

slightly OCD. But I found that if you harness that correctly, it can actually help you get ahead in your job, in life in general...

The only father I knew was a step father. The worst I got out of each parent was religion. When people are lost they wanna get found. Religion will take you right in. They have all the answers.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169065
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.