Agnostic.com

26 2

What sound gives you the shivers when you hear it?

Example, like fingernails scratching on a chalkboard. Mine is styrofoam rubbing together gives me the shivers.

Sheannutt 9 Sep 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

45 Giving one of his MAGA Twitter rants on Yahoo or MSN.

Fran Drescher

Exactly! Nails across a chalkboard.

My alarm clock ?

Bette Midler singing Wind Beneath My Wings. Absolutely hate it. It gets turned off.

I agree.

Soft high-pitched speaking voices. Men or women. I just cringe and try to quickly leave the vicinity of those horrendously monstrous sounds. :/

@Sheannutt couldn't watch that old sitcom, The Nanny. Her voice made me want to stab my own cochlea out of my head.

a metal table or desk scooted on a concrete floor can split bones.

The crinkling of really thin plastic water bottles..

Styrofoam rubbing together. Literally makes me shudder and want to puke.

Any Harley rider trying to justify why they ride such crap.

Taylor Swift singing!

Really bad singing, i.e. Jah Rule.

Really bad singing, i.e. Jah Rule.

Rubbing or twisting balloons!!

Screeching tires ?

I'm a misophoniac. Far too many sounds are either skin-crawly or enraging.

Being closely surrounded by huge trees - the sound of one snapping !

And sitting in the waiting room, and hearing that high pitched Dentist's drill - and then a moan ...

? Honey??

That always means I have do some work for her. Ugh.

I volunteer at the Ruth Bancroft Garden, which showcases a lot of drought-resistant plants, and sells a bunch of them, too. I hate assembling the carry-out cardboard boxes. The squeaking produced by the edges as they rub against the sides is torture for me.

But man, I love the plants.

When someone closes their mouth, with a metal fork in it, then pulls it out and it drags through their teeth.........thats the finger nails on the chalkboard for me

There is an aluminum railing on the stairs at work the makes a very quiet sound when people drag their hand on it. I hate that sound. I can drag my nails on a chalk board.

metal shovel on concrete......arrrggghhhh!!!!!

I haven't experienced this on a regular basis, but gunshots.

The sound of a car key being dragged across the metal side of a car.

The sound of pulling dry ice off a moist surface. It’s subtle but makes me cringe every time.

Vent alarms . Vent alarms on patients that should be " stable ". Vent alarms on patients that should be stable at 0200 . F never a good sound , and I jump !

Oh, right up there with bed alarms at 0200, which sound my brain would dredge up as I was falling asleep on nights I wasn't working, jolting me awake for nothing.

? Aheheh.

I do feel ya.

@memorylikeasieve hahahahahah

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:169317
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.