Agnostic.com

41 3

If you could wipe 3 words from existence, which would you choose?

Words that are hard to say. Irritating to spell. Or, just ones you really don't like. Here are mine:

1. Worcestershire
  2. Rural
  3. Handkerchief
silvereyes 8 Jan 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

41 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you can not

@silvereyes I can't for the life of me find my post...did you delete it? Or did people report it cuz i didnt censor the n word? For the purposes of this post, and since everyone else is too scared of the damn word, i felt it necessary to spell it out. But it seems thats wrong somehow. -eye roll-

Thats cool to hear. I imagine it was probably people flagging me or something then. Oh well, i guess.

Lazy

Stupid

Worthless

I've lost count of how many times I've heard parents say these to and about their children.

By the way the Rural Worcestershire Handkerchiefs is the name of my new punk band.

Oh fuck yeah. Rural. Try Rural roads ride roughly regularly.
2. fake news
3. Royal family

That one isnt very hard though...

Out of beer

Would wiping out the words also wipe out the actions? How about replacing the words and going along with the positive actions those words engender. Like homosexual and replace it with Gay, godless and replace it with God-free and how about F**k and replace it with make love!?

1. Massachusetts

Only one I can think of right now.

Massa chu sets.

Religion, drugs and guns.

1. The N word.
  2. Smegma
  3. Cunt, unless said in Australian or Scottish accent.

I haven't heard #2 in YEARS!

I can come up with only one word, "IRREGARDLESS"!

Oh shit if I tried to say those words you would die laughing....my kids always make fun of me saying:
Dock....sounds like duck to me
The th sound cannot say correctly for love or money...

Western European Invaders

1. Heretic. 2. Blasphemer. 3. Infidel. In a world where these words would no longer have meaning.

inevitable - I find this difficult to say without stumbling at the third syllable. So I just say "meant to be".

pickle - This confused me as a kid. I thought there was an actual vegetable called pickle.

And while we're at it: "vegetable". Just recently, I learned that it's not a "thing". I add it to the list for trivia and the LOLs. Here's an argument against the word "vegetable": [huffingtonpost.com.au]

Some non words like shouldof ( should be should have) things like irregardless ( ewww) and people saying woman when they mean women. But there is another whole bundle of words I deplore, like : collateral damage and ethnic cleansing (nothing to do with getting anything clean)

I love saying collateral damage...xD

The Electoral College. And is my final answer.

Worcestershire is a county in the UK. If you removed that word from existence, 583,100 people suddenly wouldn't have a word for where they live.

I can't think of three but I have trouble pronouncing Sunglasses.
It always comes out Sungle Asses.

skado Level 9 Jan 21, 2018

Trickle down theory

I'd get rid of
Black
White
Hispanic.

@silvereyes Exactly my point. I think the entire Identity Politics arguement is a complete waste of time.

As long I can call myself Latino, that is what I really am... knock yourself out. You must be yellow I reckon, I meant oriental.

@silvereyes on the absolute point!

@GipsyOfNewSpain Enlighten me on what you're actually saying - I think I get it, but I'm wildly unsure. kisses

@GipsyOfNewSpain actually, I am pinkish with brownish spots. Can't find that anywhere on the form...

@Dwight Black and White are colors found in a Crayola Box... hispanic? not in my Crayola Box. If you would had said brown... I would had said no comment but the racist always concerned how not to be seen as racist.

@Dwight It is never what you are in the outside is what you are in the inside. I wish I can continue but don't have time and you got to get working on those colors and 1 cultural group to remove from your life.

Hmmmm.

Cecrete, fester and orifice

Sacha Level 7 Jan 21, 2018

@silvereyes Yes you definitely don't want anything festering and cecreting out of any of your orifices lol

Wait...do you mean secrete...?

@Neraven OMG! Thankyou! How embaressing

@Sacha Embarrassing* ;P

@Neraven Geezus, I am not doing to well am I? Blame it on just waking up before coffee 😉

None. That's censorship. 😉

Hank Williams junior.

He's already gone but not forgotten.

I wasn’t aware of that, but I don’t listen to music I find offensive. @Dwight

Dysdiadochokinesia because I usually can't spell it, seriously, imagine you are dyslexic.
Micturate, becaise it is so much easier to just say P off,
Autistic because I don't believe in it, just because someone isn't neuro-typical doesn't mean they necessarily have problems, they merely sit somewhere different on the bell curve.

Well, it randomly refreshed so...fantastic. I have lost atleast a couple dozen job opportunities because of terror of phone calls. I am too honest and almost entirely oblivious to subtle cues. Cant handle bright liht (though also have blue eyes), loud and/or sudden sounds (hypervigilance also to blame), and need two feet around me around strangers - and if you hug me or touch just about anything other than my hand in a handshake or my shoulder or back in a brief and supportive gesture and youre not a close friend (or someone ive learned to tolerate like select family members), prepare for a very speedy withdrawal and/or awkward interaction, and also a pained look on my face. PTSD exacerbates the whole touching issue immensely though, im sure.

@Neraven I am severely dyslexic, and have been diagnosed with autism and yes I am well aware that my brain does not work the same as many, that I totally lack anything close to emotional intelligence and I apparently offend people often and usually unintentionally just through honesty. I don't hug anyone except my children, not even lady friends, people can read this readily enough and don't try to hug me. Yet I don't think I am flawed, just different.

I don't think it means one is flawed either - well i mean were all flawed technically. But not in a way that should make people revile or step on eggshells around us, of course. I think what youre saying simply comes down to cultural perception having coloured the word negatively, much like feminist.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.