Agnostic.com

14 18

Paul Manafort's daughter has filed paperwork to change her last name

“I am a passionate liberal and a registered Democrat and this has been difficult for me. Although I am ‘the daughter of,’ I am very much my own person and hopefully people can realize that,” Jessica Anne Manafort said.

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Sep 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

that is a strong statement, or as my guy just commented, "pretty emphatic." that is just as it should be. the situation warrants it.

g

You have to be a pretty bad piece of work for your own daughter to reject your name. More proof of the direction this administration has taken us.

Poor her! I understand that completely....how humiliating to have THAT for a father....almost as bad as you-know-who!

This is amazing! Good for you for standing up for what's right!

I don't blame her..too much drama and negative feelings around the Manafort name.

I would also.

Not as dumb as her father.

godef Level 7 Sep 3, 2018

Well done!

I would most probably do the same thing. What an embarrassment he is.

Man-a-fort's daughter is thus a woman whose Forte is independence!

I can't even imagine the embarrassment and humiliation she must feel, having that for a father. Much unlike the 45 kids, who don't have the decency to be
embarrassed by their father.

I'd change my name, too. Can't blame her for that. Not one bit.

A colleague of mine that I've known for over 20 years and worked with for most of those years, is a man of impeccable integrity and common sense. But his father -- that's another story. He ended up convicted of fraud a few years back and I know it was deeply humiliating to my friend. It also made my friend's employer regard him as at least potentially guilty by association ... he was blocked twice for promotions and finally left for someplace that doesn't tie him to his father's notoriety.

A good friend of mine was a brother of a woman famous for murdering her ex husband and his new wife in their bed (a couple of TV movies were made years ago about it). That really messed with his head too. He visits her once a year in prison (she's a lifer, and no parole because she's always adamantly maintained she's glad she did it). He told me it makes him overcompensate ... he feels he owed his parents a squeaky clean life to make up for all the humiliation and heartache his sister caused the family.

So yeah ... notorious family members pull everyone down with them.

I recall that texts came out between the two Manafort sisters where one of them (probably the one in this article) was telling her sister, get real, he has ordered people killed in the course of his work for Ukraine. What does it do to you to know that your parent is a killer? Yech.

@mordant Was that woman named Betty (Something?) Sounds familiar.

@LucyLoohoo Yeah, out of respect for his privacy I don't want to say more than that publicly though.

@mordant Gotcha! I remember that case.

Sad for everyone involved.

Here is the verification for those who don't believe the posting - [nypost.com]

Good for her.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170663
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.