Agnostic.com

6 2

LINK Monica Lewinsky bolts offstage after 'off limits' Clinton question

She has stated time and time again, that Bill Clinton questions are off limits.

ballou 8 Sep 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Why Isnt Bill asked the same questions? I hate double standards

@PalacinkyPDX I hadn't thought of it in this light before but you're right. And again I hate double standards.

She would probably change her name if she doesn't want to have that hanging over her for the rest of her life.

What else is she going to talk about? Why is she doing public speaking in Israel? Anti-bullying really?

I think she can talk about bullying quite effectively. Not sure why she is on Israel!

@PalacinkyPDX I actually just read an interview with her in a magazine. She was amazingly articulate.

One bit of sex that was really no one else's business - derailed her life and career. (Except for the parties involved - certainly not the entire world).

I'm willing to bet she has a lot to say.
She seems highly intelligent from what I read.

Lazy journalism!

So unfair. I feel badly for her. People make mistakes when they are young and it has affected her whole life! And why do they keep asking her things that she has said she won't answer?

I'm in total agreement with you.

Why else does she think anyone would want to interview her? That's like booking Babe Ruth with baseball questions off limits. "So Bambino, what'd ya have for lunch today?"

Stupid.

@PalacinkyPDX And why do you think her opinion on any of those issues is more significant than anyone else's that she deserves to be granted access to a national forum to offer those opinions? Her relevance is tied exclusively to the fact that she was at the center of a sex scandal with a president. Take that away and no one would be booking her for any interviews or to participate in a discussion panel. She'd be Monica who?

I would hope that she has done a whole lot of things since being an intern, it happened a long time ago. How many more years should she have to put up with moronic reporters asking the same boring questions? What’s to answer anyway? A sleazy older guy in a position of power takes advantage of a young subordinate....it’s a story as old as time, the only thing that makes this story more newsworthy is that it was an American President! I bet the same reporter wouldn’t still be asking Clinton about it all these years later.

@JustKip Rush and Sean DO have notoriety for no other reason than the extremism of what they spew. They are polarizing media figures who have carved out a niche telling lies, spinning truth, and pandering to the their far right viewership. That's what they did to get their national platforms. It's not laudable but it worked. You have to do something to get the attention of the public. If the thing you did was participate in a high profile sex scandal then have the backbone to own it and then you can exploit that notoriety to your own ends.

@PalacinkyPDX Exactly. We DO know her name. From coast to coast everybody knows her name. That's an enormous advantage she has over most everyone else. If she has a message she wants to convey, she should exploit that notoriety not get huffy and run from it. So the thing that made her famous was salacious and less than dignified. It happened. Own it and use it for a greater purpose.

@Sgt_Spanky she's trying to that's the point.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:171309
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.