Agnostic.com

29 7

Anybody out there like musicals?

Does anyone put there have an appreciation for musical productions? I grew up on musicals. My mother was a music teacher and showed me all the old classics growing up. Even things like the musical episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer or Dr. Horrible are so much fun. I have shown some to my kids but I am excited about newer shows like Hamilton and Wicked that really inspire my kids. Taking them to the theater to see a production is such a blast.

BoingoOingo42 7 Sep 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Love, love, love them!! So many greats! I have successfully passed it on to my children. Yes! Lol.

I like musicals, some of them, not really cared for some. Did not like Les Miserables for example, which has no memorable tune in it, my personal opinion. Hamilton was cool, La La Land was nice. Some great ones for my taste My Fair Lady, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Cabaret, Little Shop of Horrors, Chicago, and a few more.

wow do I take issue with Les Miserables. Love the music in it. Sing along with joy. I love broadway music as it tells a story. My favorite is JC superstar, seen it four times and enjoy the evolution it has taken.
These people are superb singers who deliver such a treat for us who listen. The staging is outstanding and complex, the scenery is marvelous. Love the production,

I think Les Misérables has GREAT tunes. Chicago is my other favorite.

I did not like Les Miserables because, as I said, there is not one single memorable tune in it, you can getinto the songs while they are singing it, be involved with the story which is a classic, but when I try to remember one tune to sing with joy, like I do tons of songs from musicals from even the oldest ones like the Jazz Singer with Al Jolson to the most recent ones like La La Land, you at least remember one catchy tune or song, wasn't the case for me from Les Miserables, and I have seen the show in Broadway and also off Broadway and, of course, the movies, but still none comes to mind like let's say many other songs like Oklahoma, My Fair Lady, Mary Poppins, Showboat, Chicago, Grease, etc. etc. etc.

Sorry I really don't like them and I seriously wish I did - I just find the breaking into song bit throws me . I like music and i like dramas. Just can't cope with both at once probably the only person on the planet who hasnt seen the sound of music.

Yes. The local outdoor theater where I am has a summer Broadway musical series every year and I will get season tickets if there aren't enough shows I want to see

GwenC Level 7 Sep 6, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:172454
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.