Agnostic.com

30 3

Are you a romantic? Are you passionate in a nonsexual context?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm passionate about music, politics, my family... Some stuff.

I'm not sure if I'm romantic in a tradtional sense. The things I find romantic are those little gestures that show the other person really knows me, and pays attention. E.g.: my ex memorized my schedule and always asked me about therapy on the right days. I found that romantic.

...i think Romance is an combination of
ones culture & experience.(a portrait;lovers kissing;a song;sunset;ect.)-there may be an intellectual componate to this.
Seems to me anyway-Passion
involves chemistry in the body.(i hate pollution
passionately;i love random kindness;I'm passionate about excersize-i go through
withdrawal with out it)
In my humble experience,thanks for
the question!

Yes and yes. I can be and am romantic but only if I am into my partner. Otherwise, not so much.

@TheAstroChuck Fitness and nutrition. I am 63 and take no medicine for anything. No health issues of any kind. I weigh what I did as a senior in high school.

i think i am romantic but my guy is sentimental. this causes friction now and again.

g

@TheAstroChuck well i love him so how bad can it be? but i think he thinks sentimentality and romance are the same, and sometimes he gets a little weepy over ideas. i think he gets sentimental over the IDEA of people who died instead of actually remembering those people. admittedly he has memory issues and did so even before the onset of alzheimer's, but it bothers me that he can't remember a single interaction from his childhood between him and his mother, although he loves his mother, gets misty looking at her picture, and "remembers" her fondly. but what does he actually remember? that's sentiment. i know i've drifted from the kind of sentiment that one might compare with romance, but i am trying my best to get specific about my guy.

g

I'm curious what your definition of romantic is for you Astrochuck.

@TheAstroChuck I was wondering what you would consider a romantic act on your part and toward you from someone else. 🙂

@TheAstroChuck Thank you for expanding on that Chuck. You seem like a very interesting man and more than worthwhile of someone's undivided attention & affection.

@TheAstroChuck ... pursuing an interest
brings u int proximity of like minded
people-u have the opportunity to further refine
your efforts /time/resources and set
boundaries as progress occurs(or doesn't).

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174256
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.