Agnostic.com

7 2

Millenials compared to Boomers

What political differences do people see between Millenials and Baby Boomers?

btroje 9 Jan 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I think the idea of cohorts was made to sell books.

I spent a hunk of my life living right by the Amish, so I know a few Amish people exactly my age. Do you think me and them agree on any political matters?

Weren't lots of baby boomers out in the streets in the 60's? stopping an unjust war, the civil rights struggle, black liberation movement, equal rights for women? Just Sayin

yes, thats how I think of my generation but a lot of them did take other paths

The majority of Boomers I know are conservative and voted for Trump. My Boomer coworkers and certain Boomer family members don't seem to care about environmental issues, like conservation and clean energy. They also seem to be the generation most opposed to raising the minimum wage. Most Millenials I know lean toward the liberal side (me included). I only know a handful of Millenials who are conservatives and they are all religious. I also know a few Millenials who don't seem to care about politics at all.

@MrLizard that's why I made sure to say majority instead of all!

I have some grand kids who are millenials, and they greatly concerned in how our country seems to be going. They do vote, and they are mostly non-religious. Out of 14 have one grand son who is exploring religion (attending a church), the rest, no.

Boomers were liberal but became conservative when they got older. Millennials see fewer differences in ethnic identity.

Millenials seem apathetic.

Baby boomers care what happens. I am angry.

Thats good. The milenial I know and love is my 22 yr old and her friends.

I have three millennial children, they are NOT apathetic. One for sure is going to kick some ass and take names.

Can you define Millennials and Baby Boomer please

@MsOliver thanks, so I am a Baby Boomer, there you go!! And one of my students said she was an iGen or Gen Z or something meaning she was the first generation that grew up completely with mobiles and internet?

The definition of Millennials is born early 80s to mid 90s.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17482
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.