• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
  • 0 votes
Beowulfsfriend 9 Sep 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'd have voted for Pol Pot, he murdered around 35% of the population of Cambodia when he was leader.

mao hands down. responsible for tens of millions of deaths

Define World Leader.

it's a tie, and there are certainly a lot of contenders for second place and beyond, but my first-place tie is among hitler, stalin and pol pot.

g

by the way, hirohito (his first name, which no japanese people ever called him -- he was the emperor showa) is not blameless in japan's part in wwii but his prime minister, tojo, is the real villain. i was in japan when showa died, many decades after the war. he was still emperor, and beloved, and despite his assertions that he was not, after all, divine, many still thought he was. not so tojo, who was hanged for his war crimes.

g

@Quazi oh if anyone was the scapegoat showa was. tojo made the decisions. showa was a botanist -- if he hadn't been born "divine" he probably would've had a career as a scientist. his birthday was april 29 and was celebrated as "the emperor's birthday" up until his death, after which it continued to be celebrated as "botany day" in his honor. tojo was a nogoodnik! he was responsible for pearl harbor, for one thing.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176073
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.