Agnostic.com

9 5

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, I am still befuddled/bewildered about how some atheists/agnostics like Jesus and think he was a "wise" person. I have a list, and yes I got my fist college degree from a xian college, of sayings from the NT that are ascribed to him that are not good and are also contradictory. I will also add that I am also an "agnostic" on the existence of the "biblical" existence of Jesus.

as facebookers like to say, it's complicated.

first of all, jesus, as labeled, if he existed (in which case his name certainly wasn't jesus, which is a greek name) was a jew. second of all, the people who wrote about what he purportedly said and did never met jesus. third of all, even the stuff written by those folks who never met him apparently wasn't even written by them, which means it was written by people who never met the people who never met jesus but who are credited with saying all the stuff they couldn't possibly know about jesus to begin with. so let's go back to his being jewish. if people were really all so hot on jesus, they'd be jews!

g

Jew would say that!

@OpposingOpposum jew know it's true!

g

@genessa ooh,ooh,ooh...(cue milli vanilli 90s stage dancing...)

@OpposingOpposum

g

@genessa "ma'am, Thats my arm"

@OpposingOpposum murphy brown, spotting an envelope on the bed: what's that?
peter hunt, embracing her closely: don't tell me you've forgotten already!

g

My dad is a Fox News loving, right wing evangelical. I can’t get a rational justification of his blind loyalty to the GOP. Based on his belief in Christ and his teachings, you would think they would all be independents at the least.

Jesus loves you, that's why he's coming back to kill everyone.

No. Why, they are told everything they need to know.

If they did they do not apply it!

I rejoined my family's faith because I was so appalled by the horrors spread by the Holy Rollers.

Whatever ideals the so-called "Christians" who support the modern arc--not to mention current agenda--of the Republican Party may have had have been steamrolled by sheer lust for power and personal gain, not to mention hatred of anyone who's not with their program. Too many are throwing around scripture to justify their bigotry, or ignoring the words of their so-called savior altogether. To paraphrase John Fugelsang: Trump may not be the anti-Christ, but Christ is certainly the anti-Trump.

Christianity is a dangerous cult. End. Of. Story.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176522
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.