Agnostic.com

29 4

How Prepared Are You For Death?

None of us like to think about it but Death is something which eventually happens to us all.

How prepared are you currently if you died? Do you have life insurance to assist with burial or cremation expenses? Or perhaps the insurance money would be used to ensure the love ones you leave behind are more financially sound.

Do you have a Will to designate how your assets are distributed?
More importantly who will you designate to oversee your assets and continue your legacy?

For you parents with under age children, have you considered arranging Legal Guardianship for the children you leave behind to ensure their well being after you are gone. What if your children are given to a relative that is totally unfit to raise them properly?

I hope this doesn't make anyone sad. I thought this was a good topic because when my brother died suddenly from cancer many years ago, He had no life insurance. My Mom and myself basically had to pay to bury him. It can be a burden on a family when there is an unexpected death of a family member who is not prepared to die.

Please Tell Me What You Think.

• 31 votes
  • 15 votes
twshield 8 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

There still a lot of "vanity" things to be resolved like writing and recording that song I want everybody to dance to on my service. Which of my kids will get my hard drives with all my writings. If there is a partner she is free to find someone, no mourning period. I believe this plane belongs to the living and the living only. I will take with me the only thing I can take the memories. And my "shoes thing" will be tested If I am displayed as in the picture on this comment. Will be my last joke to all. Mentally, I am prepared but I am not tired of living, I like it here but I know I can't stay.

Paperwork in order, mind resigned to the inevitability,but determined to avoid as long as possible.

Simple wills were made many years ago, as was a funeral insurance plan into which by now I have probably paid more than the cost of a state funeral!
My first serious brush with (enforced) death came when I was in my mid twenties. Since then I have had 3 occasions when a betting man would have placed his stake against me. For the past 4 years I have had an incurable (so far) cancer of the immune system.
It's called "life". 😂🤣😁😊

im easily prepared for death just not the dying part.

how? its just going to happen

oh i understand that my friend

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17655
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.