Agnostic.com

13 13

Trump's latest executive order shatters Johnson Amendment.
Now Churches can support political candidates.
What happened to Division of Church and State?

sassygirl3869 9 Jan 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He has made a lot of executive orders including this one. But I have heard little from FFRF or the Humanist expressing concern this one is any different than all the previous ones. He still hasn't figured out how the system works and I don't think he has the brains (they are about as small as his 'hands'😉 to ever do so.

Jeebus Christopher

Well he's searching for more backup...

How does the President have the unilateral power to do that? I hope the courts block him.

I am furious about this!

trump is such a fucking idiot who I don't think cares how he becomes famous.

wikipedia says the repeal effort didnt actually work.

I am not really sure where the truth is on this one.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt for a year. I never claimed to like him, but I abstained from complaining about him. There was more than enough of it for my liking. This for me, however, is the proverbial straw. I'll still defend him when he does something I think is correct, just like I did Obama, but I'll criticize him now. I gave him a chance.

Separation of church and state only is applied by who's in office. If they're real religious then there is no separation if they lack religion then I'm sure it would be very separated.

It was always imaginary anyway (501, c3, 1023) (6, 6, 6), and now it is just out in the open, not even being used for cover anymore

Time for @Akfishlady 's atheist church... Fight fire with fire?

It will be up to a group to challenge via the courts. I would say if you can donate and preach to get you church members to vote your way the church should lose the tax exempt statis. I know dream on.

Actually, you are right. FFRF sued the IRS twice and won both times. The church cannot politicize (Johnson amendment) and keep their tax free status. It has yet to be applied, though. And just recently again FFRF sued and got the tax exempt housing allowence for ministers removed. This is on appeal.

These things are happening which is why I keep touting for people to log onto or even join FFRF and the Humanist groups.

45 is pandering again.

@SACatWalker You are 100% correct.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17665
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.