Agnostic.com

10 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

So, should we expect anything else from the former Exxon CEO Rex Tillerson who's now Secretary of State?

Care2Action Petition to stop Tariff on solar panels ! [thepetitionsite.com]

Dougy Level 7 Jan 24, 2018

Let the tariff wars begin. This is on imported panels. My question is what kind of rebate program will apply for domestic panels. When I installed solar panels the ones built locally got a much higher rebate than the foreign ones. Of course they were also more expensive but the rebate was supposed to pay for the full price (over a 6 year period).

Such a horrible move from such a horrible man.

How many companies make solar panels in the USA? I only know of one that is First Solar FSLR the stock was down today approximately $0.55 cents.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

There is a big factory in central Washington state. That is where mine came from.

Trump is a friend of the coal industry.
[theguardian.com]

Rex Tillerson, our Secretary of State is the former CEO of ExxonMobil Corp. (big oil) and has ties to Russia and Vladimir Putin.
[theguardian.com]

My thoughts are that it will make fossil fuels look cheaper in comparison.

twill Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

Exactly ! Take it from someone who's from WV ! ((Shame!!!))

And washing machines.
Why washing machines? Is there a reason they are different from dryers, dishwashers and other appliances? I haven't hear that part explained and it just seems so random..

MsAl Level 8 Jan 23, 2018

The newer ones like Bosch are made elsewhere than the U.S. I guess we don't make them here anymore . . . ?

>:^< Anything to keep dirty energy high & mighty ! Being from WV , it's the greatest of humiliation to be a tax paying resident here . I'm ready to move back to Maine !

Dougy Level 7 Jan 23, 2018

Well... China makes them cheap. There goes the price.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17667
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.