Agnostic.com

7 0

Hi to reply to an aquaintance who asks " are u having a bad day?"

How to answer "Are u having a bad day?"

BBJong 7 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Shrug and ignore them. They are implying that you're acting out.

Thanks,i don't want to use an 0ffputting reply,
which is my first reaction, - guess some may
feed on people under duress(stress)

I like honesty, and if they really care, they’re willing to listen. Otherwise, it’s as worthless a statement as, “How’s it going?”

Varn Level 8 Sep 15, 2018

Point taken,yeah,i used the wrong soundboard.
Emotional responses to me need a background
and one i can learn from.

Depends on the setting: At work, in the coffee shop or in line at burger joint, or next to some bloke in a bar? Kids around? Really depends on the circumstances and level of acquaintance. The cashier at the gas station who I know from my 5 min interactions every week for the past year is a different acquaintance than some random person in line at the grocery store whom I will most likely never see again.

Co worker...,and i was overcoming
the obsticals as they arose to complete
my day.

@BBJong Depends on how I interpret their questions. I'm pretty easy going, so most of the time I just take it as a light heart-ed conversation, and say "Yea, this POS <widget> doesn't want to <flux the capacitor>". If I take it like they are offended by my words or deeds and feel they imply I should act more professional, then I'll puff back up on them and say either help out then or tell them to tactfully F off (relative to work professionalism environment). This is usually the case when some Christian hears me swearing and b/c of their thin skin think they have a right to police my vocabulary.

....like waiting for the
other shoe to drop;if i was run over by
a bus- that would probably be a candidate
I have yet to succumb; but i am
stunned that they wait with anticipation.
Can i lie successfully?no ...bad liar...

"I wasn't until now" is always tempting. 🙂

...right-i have actually used that
?recently.Otherwise i quickly brush
the emotions aside....then the whole exercise
was a waste of time!

I find "yes I fucking am - so fuck off!" says all I need to say. Some consider it quite impolite, but I could be much more rude.

Jnei Level 8 Sep 15, 2018

If I am, I say yes.

...if im making headway in my
life ,then to me , success.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:179807
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.