Agnostic.com

42 4

Does a bad day give you the right to be un-pleasant?

Marine 8 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

42 comments (26 - 42)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

you have no rights

My landlord is a super sweet and always smiling compulsive lieing manipulative control freak, who shares (gossips) the personal situations or lives of the tenants to all of we tenants. And she feels as a landlord, she deserves the "truth" regarding any question (interrogation) she puts forth. I was ill with a low grade fever this weekend and indeed having a bad day when I found myself dealing with her sweetly disguised manipulative insinuations, and I was very unpleasant towards her. . She deserved my OWN insinuations and she was thus provided a tablespoon of her own medicine. Sometimes people who go around slapping others, need to be slapped right back.

I try not to be unpleasant. I can see where it might make one grumpy.

Sorry, the politically correct answer is no but the real answer is yes. You "get" to be unpleasant or anything else you "want" to be. You can even be unpleasant if you had a good day. Last I checked there is no "Bill of Unpleasant Rights"

lerlo Level 8 Sep 16, 2018

Absolutely not, under no circumstances. Why should others have to endure the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (thanks WS)?

Only to those directly involved it making it the bad day...

If I've had a bad day and ruin the day of another, I'm not being a nice person. I try to avoid that kind of behavior, but I'm not perfect.

I don't believe it gives me that right. My stuff is no one else's but mine. I feel the compulsion sometimes to react unpleasantly towards others because i'm human. but giving in to it would be projecting which is something i need to resist, and usually can.

A strategy could be to address your own unpleasantness and not buy into another’s. Either way both unpleasantness and pleasantness are responses of the ego to presented situations.

I believe you have every right to feel the way you feel. How you act in response to that feeling is up to you, but other people also have every right to respond to your mood appropriately. You may feel justified in your actions but you likely won't win any friends if you are too grouchy. Try as I might, my feelings get the best of me occasionally. Sometimes I just need to vent, even though I know I will regret it later.

I would say "yes".....be as un-pleasant as you like...cuss, scream, call people harsh names.....just do it in the privacy of your own mind and don't spred the infection around. A good total bust out is good for what ails you...

Yes if its towards the person that made the day bad but otherwise no

No it does not but may not be as in such a great mood.

it makes it hard to be pleasant. So being unpleasant is easier when you have a bad day

To who ?

Still no profile photo, so I'm blocking you.

Sometimes the grief overwhelms a persons perspective for a day and they just make the grief greater by their actions.It may not be easy but the people I have come to admire are those people who we say have a stiff upper lip regardless of what comes at them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180298
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.