Agnostic.com

14 5

If you could learn any language, what language would it be and why?

Ha ha ha had to add this meme. One of my all time loved languages.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

French would be interesting, there's a lot of french speaking people here in Southern Louisiana.

I love French. Recently discovering that I have roots in Senegal and Louisiana, i guess it could make sense I’d be interested lol. Just kidding.

In our travels, we usually work at learning so language for where we are going. My wife's grandmother spoke german and she does well there. She also took french in school and is conversational there. I took spanish and do okay in travel mode. Have also learned some italian, and greek. Tried to learn some polish as we went with global volunteers it Poland to work with school kids on conversational english. Didn't do well with Polish. Had a exchange student from Brazil who stayed with us for 9 months, and has invited us to come visit, so would like to learn brazilian portuguese.

Spanish...

The Black Speech of Mordor.
Maybe tlhIngan Hol.
Just putting my nerd credentials on display.

JavaScript!!!

Spanish. I'm going to get back to it, I swear. I teach all these Spanish students English online, but no Spanish teacher for me. 😟

Well I would love to learn french

Alien so they can get me the fuck off this planet.

IKR! I was just thinking about that the other night.

Spanish in combination with English would allow you to go anywhere...almost.

If I could "magically" speak a language it would be Chinese. I am fluent in Haitian Creole, can get along in, and read, French, Spanish, and now some Thai. I started to get fluent in Japanese several years ago but quit, because it was interfering with speaking Thai. I learned American Sign Language for fun years ago, but I'd need practice.

Hi EmeraldJewel it would be the Maori language as they are the indigenous people of New Zealand where I live.

Hi EmeraldJewel it would be the Maori language as they are the indigenous people of New Zealand where I live.

Rongo rongo. I can read some of it, very primitive, but have never heard it spoken.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18057
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.