Agnostic.com

19 5

Emotional eating. Do you do it? What's the go to comfort food?

I don't usually do a lot of emotional eating, sometimes I'm not hungry at all, but every now and then... yep.

When I'm stressed, I crave soda. I used to be really addicted to Coke (Coca Cola not the other kind), but now mostly just want it when I feel stressed.

Also, I fit the cliche. Ice cream. It's second to pizza in my hierarchy of yum.

silvereyes 8 Jan 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes, and I'd gained a lot of weight because of it. Learning to do other things now when I'm stressed, and within the last couple of years I've managed to lose close to 100 lbs. But it's been more about my overall health and well-being than being the perfect weight. My weakness was bread and other doughy foods, and also large portions.

I'm more of an emotional masturbator. Sorry. I saw a punchline and I took it.

Could you refer to "emotional eating" As a lack of eating instead? It is 10pm right now and I have still yet to eat ALL day and I've been up since 8am. This is a typical thing for me. I sometimes FORGET, all together, to eat an entire 24 hr period. I will be laying in bed when it dawns on me, "Ah shit! did I eat today?? thinking thinking thinking NO! I freakin forgot to eat AGAIN!! arg!" This is a typically occurance for me. I do this at least twice a week, if not more. I think... im too busy some times... lol!

I have never been into soda. Even as a kid I hated it. For the majoirty of my life, my diet has been composed of fresh fruit, fresh veggies and if I craved anything savory, I went to seafood. I have never cared for meat, pork, chicken, beef, esp beef, and I have almost no desire, naturally, for sweets.

If anything, I pay little heed to food-stuffs... to the point of often times forgetting to even stop to eat! I don't even know if I have the energy at this point to eat. I just got my eldest child ready for bed, got him his night snack and just the smell and look of food made me want to vomit! haha! I just... have never cared for food in, possibly, the worst way ever! Whenever I do eat, I also use a salad plate because I could never dream of filling up a dinner plate! I can never eat that much food. When friends invite me over for dinner, they always have a take out container ready to go for me because they Know I will probably eat only Half, if im lucky! Usually, I eat about 1/3rd of the food on a dinner plate. The rest, I can eat over the course of two meals. Basically, one meal for an Average person will keep me fed all day and night. haha

I don't think I qualify for the question, come to think of it!

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

@silvereyes im glad i am not alone! My friends find it a constant, ongoing joke to make fun of how little i consume. tsk! they're just jeaaalous because its cheaper to feed me! lol! Based off of the bit I know of you thus far, I can easily envision you as being a healthy eater, too. Everyone has something they like to enjoy. I mean... i sometimes wish i had a wicked delight I was crazy about, but alas, i do not. I am dull. haha!

Nope, when I am emotional I do not eat...weird I know

Maybe when I'm bored. Ice cream is the best. I can eat a gallon of Rocky Road in one sitting, although I don't lol

Like someone else also said, when I'm stressed I'm more likely to not eat.

I'm an emotional eater and so I put on a lot of pounds. My food of choice was anything with cheese on it. I have now learned to think before I eat. I ask myself if I'm eating because I'm hungry or because I'm upset. I've lost a lot of weight because I've stopped eating my feelings. I've learned that no matter how much I eat I can never fill that void with food.

Friend: That's a lot of ice cream.

Ben: I'm eating my feelings.

Friend: Oh? What are your feelings?

Ben: It says right there on the tub: Chunky Monkey.

Pizza and chinese food

I'm not an emotional eater. If anything, I lose my appetite when stressed.

Former Coke (cola) addict here too, we've talked about this before.
I quit smoking about a year ago and I stress/boredom eat to replace the times I would smoke.

I'm trying to make a conscious effort to curb these cravings as I'm turning into Jabba The Hut.

Cookies. Dark chocolate. Trail mix, with dark chocolate squares.

@silvereyes I don't have much control when it comes to dark chocolate. 🙂

Hmm I don’t really eat for comfort anymore. I got out of that habit a few years back and replaced it with writing, drawing or exercising instead.

I don't drink any aerated stuff.

I do a lot of emotional eating. Might be because life is a lot stressful these days. It could be anything that satisfies my taste. Sweet, spicy, hot, cold, fruits, veggies, seafood, meat etc. Anything.

Pizza, Ice Cream (chocolate Cookie Dough) and Pumpkin Pie.

Sausage is my goto food in times of troubled waters. To paraphrase Dickens when Scrooge asks Marley about the chains, "We wear the links we forage in life so watch out for the bangers".
I have to keep working off those links or my pants won't fit.

My downfall, carbs are a prob for me.

I have never thought of my self as an emotional eater, but I did like my beer and whisky. Now that I have to watch my sugar, and from your post I may need to rethink this. I now crave something bubbly, so its diet what ever, so maybe I am an emotional eater, only now it not near as good. But I have lost ten pounds already, and expect I will loose twenty more in due course. I think every one has some thing that they use to deal with life to feel better.

@silvereyes I hope you didn't think I implied over weight. I know men and women who can eat their weight and are very thin, but also very energetic. I wouldn't worry🙂

I am right there with you on pizza. One of many of my favorite foods. Unfortunately for my waistline. (or lack of)

I also love Coca Cola,or a good cold IPA with the pizza.

I get to eat the pizza W/O the crust😟

@silvereyes I just eat the topping, and not the crust. My wife is looking into a low carb crust. Ya she has always made pizza, and its kinda famous for those who know us.

Not emotional eating... I go in the opposite direction, I can lose my appetite for days.

@silvereyes Sometimes I reinforce it jumping on the scale and liking the results.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18069
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.