Agnostic.com

67 7

Would you settle with a religious person or just stay single?

This doesn’t necessarily mean Christians, but any person who follow a particular organized religions, including Muslims and so on. Hahaha! I’d probably just stay single unless the person was very considerate and could accept me for me, but I know that’s very rare as that person would feel the need to save me from some type of punishment so they’d try to convert me.

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 17

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

67 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Single. No doubt about it.

As long as they would be accepting of others having different beliefs it would be no problem for me. Does get discouraging always having to swipe left when someone's profile states their partner 'must be a man of god'.

Stay single. I have witnessed so many bad outcomes for people settling for a partner that is not of the same standards of intellect or reason I have no desire even wonder down that path. Two days ago a friend (not a theist) asked me if I would consider having sex with a theist. My honest answer was, No. Even if she had a smoking hot body, I have no desire to waste my time with a theist.

I want to be single a while anyway, but I'm pretty sure I could only settle down with another athiest/agnost, However when Matisyahu realizes I exist and dumps that 20 something gf.... I will reevaluate the decision.

I'm looking for a woman who's a match for me. She has to be confident, sarcastic, fun loving, mischievous and intelligent enough to not believe in imaginary friends. So NO!

Single for sure.

Single for sure.

Awww, hell. I've been single all these years, why try something new?

The key word in your question is 'settle'. I would stay single if I felt like I was settling in any way, religious or not.

depend easy going no worries fundamental no

Single...as I am Polyamorous it would present way too many spiritual challenges for someone who is religious...they would be torn between being free and feeling guilty for being free. Went through that with the last wife and she could never reconcile it...on one hand she loved her freedom but would constantly try to "save me"...from what ? She made no sense. She was a split personality and couldn't let go.

Dated a lot of Christian girls, one pagan. Since it is doomed from the start, I have no time for the nonsense anymore. They often say that they gave no problem with my nonbelief, but give it a few months and they are trying to drag me to church....and then comes the "unequally yoked" speech.

I'm not into settling at all. I have Christian friends that I'm comfortable with. They are not Evangelistic or holier-than-thou. I instinctively feel that they really do not swallow all the myths but choose to use the church as a vehicle for standards and a few good works. If I were attracted to any of them, I think it might work out quite well. I would naturally prefer someone with similar beliefs. Everyone wants to be part of their own tribe.

A lesbian following any of the Abrahamic religions (and a few others as well) has too high a likelihood of being too full of religion-based self-loathing over her own sexuality for me to be able to connect with.

Stay single!! Sheesh! It's hard enough learning to get along with another person in close proximity, even if you agreed on religion it would still be difficult. Why throw in that unneeded obstacle on top of it all?

I would stay single. I can't deal. It would be a huge bump in the relationship.

I couldn't listen to them praise a supernatural being all the time. So no can't be with a religious person.

There's the rub. Religions universally are paranoid and uncomfortable with different idiologIes. So you may be tolerated but probably won't be fully accepted.

I wouldn’t consider it “settling” if I ended up in a relationship with a religious person. I am totally open to pretty much anyone’s faith. If they can accept my agnostic/atheistic point of view, I can totally accept theirs. My goal is not to change anyone’s spiritual/religious/philosophical weltanschauung. I don’t know who is right, which is the correct god, the correct spirituality, correct philosophy. This debate has probably been going on since language was invented. So a few thousand years give or take a half a millennia. So who am I to judge. I live and let live as much as I can. I enjoy deep discussions that aren’t about proving one point of view right or wrong but about delving deeper and perhaps coming closer to a truth we can all live with. We must each choose our own path and the consequences that come with that choice. Peace ?

I just wouldn't get along with a believer. I like logical people.

Stay single!

Accept me and strong chance I'll accept you. For artistic/creative types this is the big one, to be accepted just as we are, many times that's not easy to do. As for a religious partner as long as they leave me out of it I could care less, just so long as they realize I will neither "come to Jesus" nor "find Allah".

As always, it depends on the person.

I think If you consider it settling then that's not fair to them either. I wouldn't want a religious person to "settle" for me.
I really does depend on the person and situation though.

MsAl Level 8 Sep 18, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181216
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.