Agnostic.com

58 13

Has anybody ever gone numb emotionally?

I know this may sound like a silly question, but has anybody else gone numb for a short while emotionally. I don’t know why it gets to that point, but I think it probably has something to do with life in general and all life’s b.s that a person can literally run out of f**** to give. What do you guys think or have you ever felt like this or similar?

EmeraldJewel 7 Sep 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sometimes I wish I could.

November, 2001. Second full month of work at the World Trade Center recovery. Hit the point that i had no emotion left and just worked and barely thought. Lasted until February of 2002.

BillF Level 7 Sep 18, 2018

Oh yes i have, sometimes in life you get fed up with the Bullshit in Life!

You sound exactly like me hahaha!

Sounds rather common - - an emotional process of dealing with grief:

• reminds me of a funeral I attended. A wonderful father of a nine year old girl (they had a fantastic relationship. She was her reason for living and he was her world) died of a heart attack During the funeral the girl seamed happy and not at all hurt - - did a bit of research and discovered young people sometimes exhibit contradictory emotions because the reality of loss is just to profound.

Yeah this is pretty standard "grief and loss 101". First stage is denial / numbness. Not abnormal unless you get "stuck" in it. More pronounced in juveniles, too.

That's practically a daily thing for me. Lifes journey isn't easy and ponder what's next to continue the journey.

I've been dead inside for years ?

What do you mean? What is numb emotionally? Although I read your comment, I am still not convinced I even know what it is, but then I have never run out of F**** (whatever that is) to give. Obviously, I have never experienced such a situation. Pain yes, pain to the point of wanting to turn off, yes, and that resulted in depression which is certainly not numb. So my challenge is conceiving of a situation where I don't have emotions anymore, and although I NEVER use emotions to argue a point, I am still very emotional. Cheers

I have. Probably I still am.

It has happened to me also... sometimes i don't even laugh at funny things...I feel like Spock sometimes...

Gar10 Level 4 Sep 18, 2018

Oh yeah I'm way numb.

I was overloaded and shut down after my wife passed.

No, but sometimes I wish I could.

Yes actually. When I woke up on November 9, 2016. Still waiting to recover.

Yes, especially in regards of relationships.
I only worry when it seems to alter my relationship with my kids.
Everyone and everything else: meh.

After I found out husband was cheating. After the crying ended I was totally numb. No emotions. The feelings I’d had for him were gone, never to return.

After a very stressful period, both at work and in my first marriage, I suffered a bout with depression and had to take an antidepressant. Te antidepressant left me emotionally numb and that was worse than the depression and I stopped taking it.

Yup.

It happens occasionally with traumatic events. However it doesn't ever linger for me so I am unconcerned it happens

If you are asking it's because you are experiencing, so the answer is yes. But, of course, millions of people have experienced that. Including myself. It will go away eventually. Just be patient with yourself, and forgive and move on.

I am reminded of “I can’t explain, you would not understand, this is not how I am “ and “There’s someone in my head but it’s not me”. My response when feeling this way is to go bush and talk to a river.

Numb is what i aspire to. Days i am clearly numb, when i do not think about the world of stupid, are the best.

I have, probably still am. Its hard to move forward after being shit on time after time.

Normal as inane as that may sound. Life ain't always fun. It is just usually more fun with others.Not always. Sometimes we need to return to self and relish what we have all on our own.

Yes..I think is a way to protect ourselves from being hurt again. ...

Most of. My life

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:181772
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.