Agnostic.com

34 8

Did your parent(s) ever talk to you about 'da birds & da bees'?

What about you & your children?

atheist 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments (26 - 34)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My mom walked in and handed me a book then walked right back out. Pretty sure I had already had sex before this.

Nope. They were too cowardly. A book appeared on our coffee table for about a week, and then disappeared again. I never opened it.

Well... Essentially - no. They were mostly providing me with books on all topics, sex included. I think I was fully competent at the age of 8, years before getting interested in actually doing the thing...

Will follow the same approach with my children when the time comes (+answering their questions of course).

Not much...should have been more information on birth control...but we were Catholics.

Not once. I learned about it by lucking into a shameless hussy for a first girlfriend. She's grown up to be the president of an all woman biker gang sanctioned by the Hell's Angels.

My parents never talked to me about sex at all. They did, however, freak out when I told them what I learned about it in school; and they did do EVERYTHING possible to make sure I never got to put that knowledge into practice.

Yes, they literally talked about birds and bees ... and flowers and butterflies ... I became an entomologist. No mention of sex though at all - had to find that out for myself lol

My dad was a bird watcher and my was a flower gardener. Of course they talked to me about the birds and the bees. I had to learn about love, lust and loneliness on my own. My children had the internet so they actually taught me a thing or two!

Not really. I had sex Ed in school, more than just abstinence fortunately.

Only thing my parents told me was that one day I would have a period.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18204
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.