Agnostic.com

3 2

LINK Atheist Group Tells IRS to Investigate Church That Told Members to Vote for GOP | Hemant Mehta

It is written into the tax code in the U.S. that churches are only tax exempt as logn as they stay out of politics. It has yet to be enforced where a church loses tax exemption for dallying in politics, but it is beign looked at.

snytiger6 9 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I remember Pentecostal ministers up behind the pulpit trying to tell you who to vote for. I think the Baptists did it too.

The worst offenders of that is the Mormon, oops excuse me 'The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter day Saints'!!

I agree that the Mormon church is pretty bad, but I don't think they are the worst. I grew up in the Mormon church, although it was oot until after I left it that they started to get more political, moslty about gay marriage. Although I do remember they also put money into opposing the ERA (Equal Rights Amendment for women )back in the 1970's too.

I think the Evangelicals are very likely the worst, s far as a major denomination goes. Although readign other comments on the topic it seems that most religions are guilty of dallying into politics.

NONE of them should be tax free. If churches were a company they would already be closed for sexual assault and pedophile violations.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:182687
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.