Agnostic.com

15 5

I have done my share of internet dating, and boy have I got stories.

But I want to hear yours. What were the craziest dates you had? What were best?

Not everyone on here is dating but these stories make for interesting studies of human interaction.

Akfishlady 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The best experience also turned out to be the most painful. We met online in 2008. Not on a dating site but, just on a social network site designed for the "over 40" age group. I was living in Las Vegas when we first connected and she was in Syracuse. We chatted for a long time then eventually exchanged phone numbers. We started talking pretty frequently. Then it became every day. It turned into phone conversations that lasted for hours on end. We became best friends and confidants to each other. After about three years of this, we finally decided to meet in person. I was living in Denver by that time and I asked her to take a vacation to Sedona, AZ with me. So, she flew out to meet me in Denver. We went to Estes Park for a couple of nights at the Stanley hotel. Then went back to my place for one night. Flew to Arizona the next day. I rented a Mini Cooper at the airport and we drove to Sedona. We were still just best friends. We had not made a romantic connection until that first night we spent in Sedona. That one night it just clicked. Even though we'd been sleeping in the same bed together, we had done nothing but talk and laugh. It was like a scene from a movie. One moment we both turned around and bumped into each other getting ready for dinner and we were just there face to face and we kissed. We never let go of each other for the rest of the trip. We were completely lost in each other for the next 10 days. Then for the next year and a half. We flew back and forth as often as we could afford it to see each other. But, eventually the distance became too much for her to deal with. We both had reasons why we couldn't relocate and she just couldn't do it anymore. So, we decided to end it completely. We blocked each other on all of our social media sites so we wouldn't be tempted to try to rekindle it. This is the first time in the last five years I've even looked at a picture of her. I was saddened when it ended but, I'm not at this point. It was amazing. I'm glad we had it for the time we did. But, it wasn't something we could work out permanently.

Duke Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

@Akfishlady Yup! I was sad and bitter and hated the world for a while but, I got over it. Now, it's just some really great memories.

one of those bittersweet, once-in-a-lifetime kind of stories, that you'll never forget !

@Akfisklady I think tis your turn, what is your craziest internet date.

@Akfish lady I know 3 ladies like that, one calls herself swamp girl. Re your date,I meet a lot of ladies on dating sites who have similar experiences, though I think it has a lot to do with the socio economic area in which I live. It was a surf bum haven for years, but in the last 30, money has moved in, so we have the mega wealthy/famous side by side with many who are impoverished. hmm, I am in the middle but much closer to the 2nd group.

One time I met a girl through a friend. We decided to go to a new restaurant in the next town. It had been a morgue for about 80 years and had been recently renovated into a pizza place. I was a thin and fairly fit young 27 year old. As we sat at the table she grabbed my arms and looked at them observently. My veins are clearly visible and I did not have much body fat. After closely examining them she said "You would make a great cadaver!"

Yes she said this in a morgue. This strange woman was an occupational therapist, she had just gotten out of school and had been a student teacher for dissection for two years. That strange woman has been my wife for 20 years!

I completely get her way of thinking ! Good outcome too - she married you , instead of making you her next cadaver ...

Online is hard for someone such as my self, having a hard time coming up with the words to go to the fingers to type in. Then the internal editor says delete. I did meet my wife online because I could not keep up with her WPM. Finally can I just call... and after a few calls I experienced the first woman I could have a conversation with and not get yelled at for getting in the selfie or having to be out all night buying drinks and cleaning up the mess. And she read real books! I asked her to drive 2hrs to meet someone for the first time. That was 10 years ago. Now the marriage is over I think we have the best shot we can have at remaining friends in the future. That was on a site like this that no longer is running, not as busy, but from my experience here it feels very similar. And just the topics make me smile. This site makes me breathe easier.

I have no stories yet look forward to having them...

Some guy I met on POF, talked only of working out and working at some company. I ate the meal he paid for, listened, and said "Yeah" at the appropriate times. He never called for another date. I was glad.

Hmmm...

That was years ago. I forgot his name a week later.

It was me.

Lol.

Checking out some sites about 3 years back and recognised my neighbour by her description, and we were well matched. Too close.
When I was in the process of moving back to this area about 8 years ago after yet another failed relationship. I logged into a dating site and arranged to meet 2 ladies from up this way, one actually drove down to meet me at my old house twice and stayed a few days each time. Her profile said she was a non smoker, her excuse was no-one would contact her if she put smoker, she kept accusing me of being married. Her first visit she rang to say she had changed her mind and wasn't coming, I said ok, fine, then she went on about how she had already begun the trip when she changed her mind. She had driven 250 klms, and was just down the road. Eventually it came to light she was married. At the same time I had contacted another lady, who almost lived in the same street as this one, always had to see her at her place, and if we made arrangements to go anywhere, she would cancel when I arrived to pick her up. End of the story though is that they both gave me the same story after a few weeks. Not working at the moment, Doctor says I am a danger to myself and everybody else and if I go off my medication, he will have me locked up. Almost word for word same comment from them both within about a week.

I had a woman squeeze meeting me into another date. The other guy didn't look happy, and I just wanted to escape. She was a little bit looney.

2nd place was a Pentacostal woman who told me I was going to Hell, but she was still ok dating me.

I met my ex husband pre-internet. We met through a singles column in a publication for military member in Germany. It think it was called Shopper's Bi-weekly News. God, I feel like a dinosaur. 1982ish, if memory serves me right.

I met my present wife in a similar way through a singles weekly news paper that had a singles column

I dated a guy who told me all about his baby mama drama, could not get him to change the subject for more than 5 minutes. No second date.

I met my husband on line. Won't go into detail about the chances I took to meet him. Fortunately, it all worked out. We were together for 13 years until he died.

I met a woman almost twice my age when I was in my 30's , she was such a sweetheart . 3 months into the relationship , I walked over to her apartment & found her dead from overdosing on her morning routine of taking her prescription inhalers . 2 months later , 911 happened & the whole world went crazy . I never thought I would love again .

@Douglas Damn - that sounds bad ... with an even worse follow up.

@evergreen ya , my chits in life , if there are any , & I do know about Statistical Analysis , they are fairly well burned up ! I'm pretty much on the straight & narrow from here on out .

I've not met many women through internet dating. I, once, met someone who lives in a town nearby. She drove a fairly recent Cadillac. We had good conversation, so she asked if I wanted to go with her to a nearby city for her to get a few things at the big box discount store. She had $100.00 bills in her purse and paid for two ears of corn and a small bag of dog food with one of those bills. While traveling to the big box store, she pointed out a place where I could get sex for money (!?!?!?). In a later conversation she, I think, meant to say if I became a regular at her house blah, blah, blah. INSTEAD, she said, "If you become a customer..." I asked the obvious question, "Customer?" She would not answer. Putting several of our conversations together, I don't think she was the kind of woman with whom I wanted to form a serious relationship. That's my interesting internet dating story.

@sweetharp roflmao!! Thank you!!

@Akfishlady I love that I can imagine the tag line "Read a book, Get a hook!"

Quite a few years ago my friend and I had an competition to meet women from the internet and take them surfing. It was surprisingly successful. Not much in the way of romance but we met some great women who were fun to hang out with.

The craziest days of my life was when I lived in my own trailer in Richmond KY . I bought & sold pot by the fist-fulls for years . One day I smoked some with someone , & thought they were going to turn me in , so I called someone , & sold my trailer for 3 bails & got out of there . I'm surprised I didn't get arrested , or killed . The early 90's were some wild times . . .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

This is the only site I ever made a connection; we had a very pleasant brunch

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18307
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.